+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyloricidin

Pyloricidin

I have been suffering from GERD for more than a year and tried every kind of ppi's and h2 blockers and none of them worked well. All my tests came out negative. A few months ago, my Natropathic doctor gave me a bottle of capsules called Pyloricidin, a kind of dietary supplement and asked me to try. I took a few and did not find any better results and put it aside. Recently, my gerd was causing me more pain and I picked the bottle again and took 2 capsules a day for a few days. I started feeling less reflux and less pain so I took for two weeks now. On the bottle, it says Gastric Mucosal Support. I think this dietrary supplement can be ordered from web sites. The brand is Tyler. It is made of mastic gum, garlic bulb extract and lactoferrin.
    You can get more information from websites with key word of pyloricidin.

Lannie

Lannie

Hi Lannie long time no see. Glad you're feeling better . That's more of an h pylori potion you're taking there eh. Does taking bovine lactoferrin bother you? Are you afraid at all of mad cow disease?

Tricia

Hi Tricia,
    Actually no. I hope the extracting process will kill the decease components.
    My GI doctor will not suggest any surgery on me because the tests did not show the reflux. Still, I have not given up yet.
    Currently, I have to find something to control it. The meds did not do much. I am fed up with DGL, the taste is too horrible. I could tolerate it when my reflux was very severe and painful.
    This coming Wednesday, I am going to see a Chinese doctor. A friend of mine recommended I should see this doctor who treats acid reflux with Chinese medicines.
    How are you doing? I have not posted much, but I keep reading the messages.
    All the best
    Lannie

Lannie

Hi Lannie Was wondering how you were doing, hadn't seen you around.

That's right, don't give up, you could always get another ph test, I know people who have had the ph test numerous times before it yeilded a negative result. GERD is such a complicated thing, they have even done surgery in studies on people with negative ph tests , and the surgery cured. A lot to be learned yet about this disease.

Or another consideration for you would be impedance testing which includes both acid and non acid reflux events. Records other stuff too, pertainable to symptoms .

Good luck with the Chinese medicene. Does your GERD come and go or is it always steady?

Tricia

Hi Tricia, thank you for writing back.
    I experience the gerd every day but not all the hours. Currently, my symptoms are worse in the morning(after breakfast) and late afternoon(before dinner). The feeling is not burning anymore(used to be when taking ppi's) but needle pain along the esophagus and over the chest. I am taking 1 150mg in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. This is the maximum dosage I can take so far. Besides, I still use DGL and aloe juice as supplementary. With all these, I have moderate and bad days.
    Today is the second day after I started taking Chinese herbs. The Chinese doctor said totally different from the GI doctor about this. He said the acid reflux is caused by the disorder of the GI guts, especially by the pancreas weakness which produces wrong flows in the guts. It is very hard to translate his words into English. He prescribed me some Chinese herbs for 5 days. Today is my second day. I a kind of feel better, not experiencing as much as usual reflux this morning yet. I tried not to do it mentally though, but I will see. One day does not mean anything. He also suggests that I should do some tai chi, chi gong or yoga. Silent and peaceful activities will help too. I tried tai chi and yoga after I got this illness and felt very hard to focus. Now I am thinking again to give it a try.
    I will keep you posted as time goes by. Have a nice day.
    Lannie

Lannie

Hi Lannie I agree with the Chinese doctor in a sense , that the stomach plays a part in GERD ,--- some people more than others. Everyone has different factors contributing. No two GERD cases are alike . Depends on what your personal factors are. Hope the herbs help.

I would think yoga would exacerbate GERD , you're not supposed to bend over etc. Anything that increases the intra abdominal pressure would increase symptoms i would think. But what the heck, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. Has your GERD ever gone into remission since getting sick? Or has it been every day since the very start?

Hope things improve for you soon Lannie. Hope you find that magic bullet. . Take Care

+ Reply to Thread