+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Results of Gastroscopy

Results of Gastroscopy

I had a gastroscopy today and are a little unsure with the results as I haven't spoken to the GI Dr. yet.

Large Gastric Residue

Esophagus Other

Intact Funcoplication.

My questions are if the fundo is intact 90 degress can I still be refluxing?

What would be meant by large gastric residue was seen in the stomach?

Thankyou in advance

Shelley

Can't really be of much help on this, but I do want to let you know that I am refluxing at the moment, and my wrap is intact (lap Nissen was done in late 2000) -- the reason for my reflux is that I have h. pylori. I'm being treated, and I am getting better.

Thistle

How do you think you got H pylori? How many anti-bioctics are you on and for how long? I heard its naturally occuring but are there any foods that might contribute to bacteria like sushi?
    I am currently awaiting my biopsy results on it will know on Friday.
    Best of luck!

I wonder if the gastric residue would be due to gastroparesis (delayed gastric emptying)?

Has anyone else suffered from this????

Shelley

Shelley

Hi Shelley Yes the gastric residue could be due to delayed gastric emptying or other things like duodenal regurgitation ( bile reflux) malapsorption , hypersecretion of gastrin etc.

Also people have different volumes of gastric residue according to their body mass index, so sometimes it means little.

Most failed fundoplications remain intact . I posted some literature on that before, i'll see if i can find it again for you in the next couple of days. Hope you feel better soon

+ Reply to Thread