+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hiatal hernia

hiatal hernia

Hi there my name is mimana. This is my first time doing these chat rooms.

I have a questions? Is there anyone that has had hiatal hernia repair?

How painful is the surgery? What do you do about passing gas and not be able to burp? This is serious stuff. How do you socialize with that problem?
    I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks you,

Mimana

hiatal hernia repair

Hi there. I am waiting for a reply about hiatal hernia repair. Anyone outthere that can give me some info. Thanks,

Mimana

Mimana, specifically, which repair are you referring to? There are a couple of options. The most common surgery is the Nissen Fundoplication. There is a separate category just for that with numerous current threads as well as an incredible amount of info in the archives. Check out that area of the board and I'm sure there will be much that will be of interest to you.

Listen, it's probably not necessary to have surgery to fix a hiatal hernia; what you need to do is find yourself a good chiropractor; some chiropractors out there are able to adjust/fix them. If it'll work it's certainly a better alternative to going under the knife!

Quote Originally Posted by wassupwassabi
    Listen, it's probably not necessary to have surgery to fix a hiatal hernia; what you need to do is find yourself a good chiropractor; some chiropractors out there are able to adjust/fix them. If it'll work it's certainly a better alternative to going under the knife!
    A chiropractor cannot fix a hernia , it's impossible to repair a hole in the diaphram by chiropractic manipulation . Sliding hernias slide back and forth constantly , a chriopracter may be able to manipulate the stomach back to it's normal position temporarily, but all you would have to do is sneeze as you walked out the door, cough, or bend over and it would slide up in the diaphram again. There is an opening there.

Not to say the hernia is causing the problem anyway. There is often more than one factor involved with GERD .

+ Reply to Thread