+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange feeling around the bottom right rib

Strange feeling around the bottom right rib

Hello People, and merry christmas to you all.

I recently got scoped and was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia, gastritis and dueditis (not sure of the spelling). Hernia being a small sliding one, and the gastritis etc being moderate.

I have the usual issues, steering clear of acidy foods etc and not over indulging. But the last couple of months, i have developed a feeling at the lower right rib. If i crunch up my stomach (say, by putting my head to my knees) i will feel it more. The day after the endoscopy, it was actually hurting a little and feeling quite uncomfortable. Generally speaking though, it does not hurt as such, but more of a presence. I find it very annoying, and i hear people with gallbladder issues are usually in alot of pain, which i am not. But i can't think what it is, and having to wait till the new year before i can probably get an appointment with my doctor, wondering if anyone else can perhaps shed a little light on the subject.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Paul.. ya know if ya listen to me I will be yappin GALLBLADDER... heehee I could feel 'something' in that area too... like it was swollen.. and when I pushed in that area it felt like it was gonna poke out my back... kinda like a pulled muscle... the only time it actually hurt if if I ate fat....

Hope you get in soon... and get your troubles figured out.

Hi Paul,
    I also have a sliding Hiatus Hernia and like you I get the feeling of something moving under my right rib. Sometimes it can be quite painful and almost feels like it is a muscle or something folding inwards and upwards, I have to put my hand on it to munipulate it back down.

When I had my endoscopy without sedation the pain was almost excruciating.

My doctor sent me for a gallbldder scan but it was normal, the docs then suggested that because the hiatus hernia is in that area this is what I feel moving do to posture or movement.
    Hope this helps, reards Rose.

Thanks for both of your replies.

Interesting...

I can relate to what both of you said. Hmm, well i will inform my doctor next week and go from there, as it is irritating me. More so, not knowing what it is.

All the best, and a happy new year to you all.

Dizziness and Gerd

Hi Rose,
    I came across your quote where you listed you had a dizzy feeling along with gerd. Did you figure out where the dizziness was coming from. I started getting dizzy about 1 year ago and statred having abdominal pains until they figured out I had an inflammed gallbladder. I still have lots of dizziness and pain in my forehead that they cant seem to figure out or connect. Any insight in this area would be very much appriciated. Thank you,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by english rose
    Hi Paul,
    I also have a sliding Hiatus Hernia and like you I get the feeling of something moving under my right rib. Sometimes it can be quite painful and almost feels like it is a muscle or something folding inwards and upwards, I have to put my hand on it to munipulate it back down.

When I had my endoscopy without sedation the pain was almost excruciating.

My doctor sent me for a gallbldder scan but it was normal, the docs then suggested that because the hiatus hernia is in that area this is what I feel moving do to posture or movement.
    Hope this helps, reards Rose.

Hi Richard... I'm not Rose but I did post higher up... I had a 'crazy headed feeling' in my head til I had my GB removed... had been going on since 96 when I first got 'sick'.... I don't have a hernia or at least that is what the GI doc said... had lots of tests run.... everything normal on my GB.. but had all the classic symptoms... the 'dizzy' feeling was very strange... in another board I go to someone said something about a swollen gb can press on the vagus nerve and cause a dizzy feeling.... must have been my 'dizzy' problem cause I haven't had that feeling since my gb was removed 13 months ago... when they took it out the surg said it was very inflamed and full of adhesions and showed years of gb disease... with no stones... or sludge....

that 'feeling' wasn't 'room spinning'.... just it felt like something was moving up into my head and would make me feel strange for a few mins then it would go away... doc took my bp when it was happening once and my bp dropped 20 pts on the top.... I called it 'dizzylike'... hard to explain....

Dizziness and Gerd

Thanks for the info Central Valley Gal. I am new to this forum thing I came across looking for help out of desperation. I started feeling sick April 2005 and havent had any luck with doctors finding anything wrong. All my labs come back normal and endoscopy didnt find any signs of Gerd. I told the doctor I know its gerd cause its comes up into my mouth sometimes and my symptoms get worse when I lie down. I have a weird dizzy feeling all the time with sinus pain all along my forehead 24/7. I have constant nausea and the occasional normal heartburn chest/back pains. During a visit to the ER they discovered my gallbladder was inflammed and had a polyp on it, but didnt warrant its removal. My doctor says he will do another ultrasound again in June and if its still there he will remove my GB. Dont know if I should consider this...??? Another symptom is my stools appear very light colored and have a weird bad smell. Does anyone know what this could mean???
    Anyhow, I have a feeling that when I lie down to sleep, the stomach acid creeps up my esophagus and into my sinuses where my ear eustacian tubes are and messes with my balance. I also have a constant sore throat. I bought a Wedge pillow and my symptoms havent been as bad as they were last year, I wanted to die. I am currently drinking 4oz. of 100% Aloe Vera juice every morning first thing upon rising. I feel this has helped calm down the reflus slightly because I dont feel like I have food stuck in my throat anymore. Nonetheless, I am still suffering daily from this awful disease. Well, I wish us all Good Luck, may we all find a cure soon, and may God bless us all and give us our lives back.......

Hi RichardBri,

I get problems in my sinuses and ears because of reflux, and that sometimes makes me feel sort of dizzy/off balance. I can usually tell the stuff has been going in my ears before the dizzy spells. I sleep with the head of the bed proppe up and a couple wedges. Stuff still gets in there anyways though.

Teressa

RICHARD....You don't mention medications. What are you taking to reduce the acid? Also...when you sleep, try to avoid sleeping on your right side.

Digestive probs

Some of your worst probs could be related to your GB. Mine were. Just like CVG. I had mine out and I can eat again. No more pain . It's awesome and the surgery was a piece of cake.

Richard....

Here are some threads to look over... have you tried NEXIUM?? I tried all the PPI's and nothing seems to work like the lil purple pill... at least for me anyway... Protonix made me nauseous BAD and dizzy and my chest hurt...

[url]http://forums.heartburn-help.com/showthread.php?p=37454#post37454[/url]

[url]http://forums.heartburn-help.com/showthread.php?p=35003#post35003[/url]

[url]http://forums.heartburn-help.com/showthread.php?p=34283#post34283[/url]

[url]http://forums.heartburn-help.com/showthread.php?p=34040#post34040[/url]

[url]http://forums.heartburn-help.com/showthread.php?p=32589#post32589[/url]

Hope you get some answers soon... the constant nausea is enough to drive you crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by CentralValGal
    ....that 'feeling' wasn't 'room spinning'.... just it felt like something was moving up into my head and would make me feel strange for a few mins then it would go away... doc took my bp when it was happening once and my bp dropped 20 pts on the top.... I called it 'dizzylike'... hard to explain....
    Hi CVG,
    This is very interesting. I am currently on a 30 day Cardiac Event Monitor because of some very similar feelings. It's basically 5-10 seconds of feeling something isn't quite right...sort of like a weird feeling in my throat...and then a few seconds of dizziness (like not enough blood is getting to my brain) or head fullness sometimes followed by a rush of adrenalin and palpitations. I usually just try and relax and take a deep breath and wait to see if I faint, which I don't. Then when it's over I feel like it never happened.

I was able to record one of the "spells" on the monitor and the doctor didn't find any cardiac involvement other than the fast heartbeat after the fact. Since I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and occasional PACs and PVCs I thought it would be a string of irregular beats causing my spells...but now that may not be the case. I still have about 10 more days to go and then I will get the full report.

My "spells" seem to be very random and increase with stress. It actually started about 10 years ago before I knew I had GERD/LPR. I never heard the possibility of gallbladder involvement. I've had a negative ultrasound of my gallbladder, negative abdominal CT and a negative MRCP (to see if there was any blockage or sludge in my bile ducts). This was all due to a weird right sided abdominal pain I had. I never did have the hida scan but I never had any "gallbladder attacks" either.

I knew there was a possibility of Vagus nerve involvement with reflux but these "spells" were just so weird and felt so cardiac. I never heard anyone mention this until now. Thanks for the heads up. It would be interesting to see what my BP does....a drop as you mention would definitely cause the weird head feeling. It's all so fast I don't think I could catch it.

Dizziness w/GB

Prior to the removal of my GB, my dizziness was very bad. In fact, the incident which preceded my doc deciding it was now rather than later to remove my GB was while rehearsing a show I was in, I had a spell of pain, but the room started spinning. I had several of those before I had it out. I've never had one since....

Dizziness And Gb

Interesting. CantralvalGal also had simliar dizziness until her GB was removed. I am going to have mine removed in June, lets see what happens. All my GB labs were normal, but I have occasional pain in the area. Would you describe the dizziness as a werid room moving feeling?? Everytime the Dr. asks me to explain the feeling I have trouble, its a really strange feeling....

Daw and Richard...

I first had that 'strange feeling' when I first got what they are 'guessing' was mono back in the summer of 96... it took me forever to be able to even feel SOMEWHAT normal again... and really I haven't ever felt back to my old self.

One of the MAIN symptoms I had was that 'crazy headed feeling'... I didn't know if I was gonna actually FAINT or what... like you Richard I have a hard time explaining it to any doc! my main internist and others in urgent care always asked if it was 'room spinning' type dizziness... I said no not really. it's like something is moving up into my head from mid body... DAW?? my heart area maybe?? I would just take some deep DEEP long breaths and pray I didn't actually pass out...cause I sure felt like I was gonna. Only the one time did the urgent care doc grab the bp cuff and take my bp... I told my reg doc and he just said hmmmm.... every time I would go to the doc (which was a LOT in 96 and 97) I would keep mentioning the 'crazy headed feeling'.... I also remember palps off and on... not sure that they were WHEN I was feeling 'that' feeling... it finally got a bit better but I would go through spells of it and it would last a couple of weeks then lighten up again... OVER AND OVER... also my right ring finger felt numb on the tip... that scared me too but the docs never were too concerned...

after all kinds of tests which have gone on since that summer my reg doc just labeled me with Chronic Fatigue Immune Difficiency Syndrome... which I STILL don't go for... he just can't figure me out... I was TOTALLY healthy before that summer... just had tonsilitis and occasional strep, maybe a sinus infection ONCE a year if that and usually when my boys were sick... I do know that lower right sided pain is GONE since the gb was removed... like you Daw... all my tests were always normal... I had numerous CT's and ultrasounds since 96 cause the pain was on the right side... sev docs mentioned that it could be adhesions...

I would always get that crazy headed feeling around the time that burning stabbing pain was going on and I would be totally exhausted... not just regular TIRED.. but so bad I couldn't do ANYTHING ... I would sit and cry because I couldn't even do fun stuff like tole paint which I previously would spend HOURS doing... I couldn't even hold the paintbrush... I took my bp daily at home and when I felt that tired it was always super low on top ... 99/80 a bunch of times... the bottom number would stay around 80... which is weird cause my bp was always 120/60 to 70 before that summer...

I'm not completely well now but I would say a good 80% better than I was before the gb came out.... even when I get a sinus infection or bronchitis I recover much faster... my geographic tongue is practically gone now too which I've had that REALLY bad since that summer too... doc said my immune system is SHOT... seems to be working much better now I would even get sores on my arms and face that would not heal... was tested for diabetes numerous times... always totally fine. I find it strange that since my gb was removed (13 mos ago) that I've felt better than I have in a decade... knock on wood....

Daw I'm curious what comes of your complete test. I've always considered a complete work up with a heart doc... my DIL works for a good one here in town now and I'm thinking of making an appt.... if it's like all my other tests though it will be normal... HA How you described that 'feeling' is almost exactly like my feeling. only I've never noticed anything with my throat. it feels like the blood goes to the top of my scalp and pools there for about 10 secs then goes back down... the VAGUS nerve thing made me go hmmmmmmm

Richard... I hope your upcoming GB removal will help you out! I know what you mean about trying to explain the feeling... it's like you 'space out' for a bit, really scary... my doc acts like I'm the only one that he's ever heard of that has had this feeling... phhhhttttttt

oops... wrote quite a book here... I must head up the stairs!

+ Reply to Thread