+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mucous and dry throat

Mucous and dry throat

I know mucous in the throat is a common symptom, but why? I've been taking the nexium since last Thursday after the ENT visit. It was better for a day or two but yesterday the tightness, a bit of the burn and the feeling like I can't swallow and the dry throat is back.

Does anyone else feel like their throat is dry? Even though at times I am clearing my throat from mucous I have times, more like hours where my throat feels incredibly dry? Could that be from reflux silently making it's way up and leaving it's mark?

Any ideas?

Dry Throat? Yes I have it all the time.

Hi Mom of 3, My name is Richie Jr and I have a Dry Throat every day most of the day, and some times it is severely dry. I have difficulty swallowing saliva, but the weird thing is I dont have any problem eating or drinking. I hope you find a solution, if i find one I will let you know. I usually suck on Ricola Lemon Drops or Ludens and Life Savers or I chew gum A lot. I Take Nexium 40mg 2 x a day and still get silent reflux, I dont feel anything come up but I have a constant Dry Throat. I am starting to wonder if the dry throat is a side effect of Nexium.

Could be the meds.

The dry throat could be from the meds. My experience was that I had throat problems with Prevacid and Aciphex, but, no problems with Nexiom. Everyone is different. Ask your doctor for samples of another PPI to try.

You may get dry throat from acid reflux - I had it a lot before my FUNDO. Chewing gum does help a little.

+ Reply to Thread