+ Reply to Thread

Thread: white rice bad/brown rice ok?

white rice bad/brown rice ok?

I ve seen that white rice can give bad heartburn this true i ate some a few weeks ago sick as a dog..though a few months back it worked ok..i hear brown rice is ok though??

TM... I find that white rice is soothing to me... in fact when I'm in a bad GERD attack I just eat white rice... digests really easy... at least for me. have had it two days in a row now and plan on some tomorrow for breakfast... I don't get indigestion from it at all...

They say we are all diffrent or im really just scrwed up lol

Cvg

We're sisters again. White rice is my healing food. When my digestive track gets wonky, really bad and I can't eat anything else, I have a bowl of white rice. Seems to make everything better......

I thought I remembered you mentioning that Dianes! CARB city but oh so soothing... no wonder the doc says start babies out on rice cereal first... or at least he did 24 and 21 yrs ago.. arghhhh brown rice makes me look like a Blowfish...

So brown rice is bad for Gerd?

maybe not for GERD TM... maybe just be bad for us IBS patients... LOL dunno... I know too much fiber blows me up.... and hurts my chest so maybe it's the fiber bothering my GERD... white rice (Minute Rice to be exact.. ) is very soothing to my whole system...

Gave me heartburn pretty sad when you can even eat rice lol

I don't think white rice is bad for gerd. I ate white rice my whole life and it never bothers me. What probably do is the raisin bran cereal I eat in the mornings, soaked in lactose free milk. I don't drink the milk. But I need some sort of fibre everyday or else I have to call Mr. Plumber the day after.

Besides, I don't think drug research companies are in a big hurry to find a drug that would take away 99% of your symptoms with just a couple weeks or a month usage. With 60 million people in the US suffering from various forns of indigestion and heartburn, that equates to billions of dollars spent every year by consumers. What a cash cow. Would you make that disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by hp8

Besides, I don't think drug research companies are in a big hurry to find a drug that would take away 99% of your symptoms with just a couple weeks or a month usage. With 60 million people in the US suffering from various forns of indigestion and heartburn, that equates to billions of dollars spent every year by consumers. What a cash cow. Would you make that disappear?
    Ain't that the truth

HP8 - I think you hit the nail on the head. Create a drug that kills the acid - which will relieve the pain, but let bacteria grow; with a rebound effect if you try to stop it. Clever, no?

Michael Moore is going to do an expose' on the drug industry -- and guess what - big pharma aint talkin to him (have a relative who works for a huge pharmaceutical company). b

+ Reply to Thread