+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has calcium citrate helped anyone?

Has calcium citrate helped anyone?

It is supposed to help close the LES. But it is my understanding people with LPR don't have a problem with their LES. It is the UES that gives us problems.

Hi Kevin
    I've been wanting to know how does the reflux get past the UES if not passing through the LES first?
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Hi Kevin
    I've been wanting to know how does the reflux get past the UES if not passing through the LES first?
    M
    No idea. But I read people with LPR don't have a problem with the LES.

i guess thats why normal 24 hr probe single reflux tests show normal for most of us with LPR well it was normal for me (we dont have double probe here in NZ)............i figure that our LES is functioning normal but as everyone in the world refluxes the normal acceptalbe ammount is thrust up into our throat so i figure that LPR is both a musculur thing (bieng able to get high up) and a UES issue to.................as we all no it only takes a tiny ammount to hurt ........im haivng a bad day after bieng good for a while........i was sleeping on my back last night and woke up feelng like i was choking like my thraot wasnt letting air in............i was ok once i turned to my left side, but today i have thatlump and tightness in throat feeling..........urgh
    ness

I took CC for a couple of months but never noticed any difference. I'm really awful with keeping up daily medications/pills so I've fallen of the wagon. I should keep taking it anyway because I avoid most dairy products.

+ Reply to Thread