Irreversible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irreversible

My GE doctor who performed my endoscopy has two PA's who do all the initial contacts and followups. I know this is the direction that medicine is going these days, when seeing the actual doctor is harder than pulling teeth, but to have the PA do the surgical followup is just wrong. Anyway, there were many issues about this disease that were not touched upon either because the PA's are doing lots of stuff by wrote and/or because I was still in distress. I found out from a book by another GE doctor that Barret's is irreversible and one can only go forward and attempt to mitigate the damage. And depending on whether the doctor finds dysplasic cells in the biopsy or not determines whether an endoscopy should be performed less than every three years. Also the best time to take Nexium or any PPi is 30 to 60 minutes before a meal. I was taking it after the meal and it was not as effective.

Originally posted by Agida58 View Post
    ......Barret's is irreversible and one can only go forward and attempt to mitigate the damage.....
    It can also be removed through various procedures.

Comment

Working...
    X