Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EndoCinch on Wednesday 3/17/04

Hi All,

I had the EndoCinch procedure on Wednesday. My throat was soar after for 2 days but today it is feeling back to normal.

I can't tell if there is any progress yet. My Doc wants me to continue with my previous dose of Nexium 2x's a day for a week then reduce to 1x a day for a week then Pepsid AC 2x's a day for a week then pepsid 1x a day.

It will take a month before I am off the medication.

I will keep you aprised to my progress.

Regards,

Shelley Yoelin

Re: EndoCinch on Wednesday 3/17/04

[i]Originally posted by syoelin [/i]
    [B]Hi All,

I had the EndoCinch procedure on Wednesday. My throat was soar after for 2 days but today it is feeling back to normal.

I can't tell if there is any progress yet. My Doc wants me to continue with my previous dose of Nexium 2x's a day for a week then reduce to 1x a day for a week then Pepsid AC 2x's a day for a week then pepsid 1x a day.

It will take a month before I am off the medication.

I will keep you aprised to my progress.

Regards,

Shelley Yoelin [/B]
    Shelley - we are all wishing you all of the best and are sending you healing thoughts. Please let us know how you are doing after you are off of the medications, who your doc was and what you thought about the entire endocinch experience. Thanks for contributing to the board!!! Take care. b

Comment

update

Hi All,

It has benn 2 months since my Endo cinch proceedure. I was dissapointed at first. I thought I would be eating pizza and Chocolate by now. But my progress is good.

I was taking 2 nexiums a day plus antacids before the procedure. I have weened myself off of most medication. I can go for 2 or 3 days without any antacid. I took a 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda in 1/2 glass of water the other night.

So, the progress is slow. I see a great deal of improvement. It seemed hard to readjust my stomach to normal acid amounts. When I need an antacid now the distress feels more in the stomach than in the esophogus. I respond pretty well to small doses of antacid.

I still need to eat small meals. Large meals seem to trigger distress.

Regards,

Shelley Yoelin

Comment

So happy for you Shelley!!

Shelley -- thanks so much for getting back to us!! Endocinch procedures are few and far between so we're loving the feedback!!! BTW who did yours?

Thrilled to hear that you are doing better and off of meds. Please keep in touch with us and let us know how things go. I sure hope the pizza and chocolate make it back into your diet -- they're one of the foods I miss the most and it makes me so happy when I hear that ex-gerdies can eat them post procedure!!

Take care now and keep in touch. b

Comment

hi shelley , did u burp any acid up after your endocinch op, i know im only 3 days after mine but everytime i burp im gettin the same acid up into my mouth, so im worried mine hasn't worked. my throat is near back to normal, but tonight the acid is playing crazy, so feeling a little low. if i just knew that maybe you also had acid coming up after op then at least i could hope that mine will settle down in a few weeks.

pearl x

Comment

Endocinch

I am new to the board. How did the endocinch procedure turn out? Peggy.

Comment

Working...
            X