Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Endocinch and Enteryx the same??

Hi,
    Just received in the mail today a news magazine that is from one of our local hospitals. They have a Dr. there now that is doing the Enteryx Procedure. It also said that it has been around since 1984 and that it didn't use the right agent then. The technique then used collagen which eventually reabsorbed into the body, no longer providing the barrier. Dr. Emlich explained that Enteryx is an insert substance (one that doesn't react to other elements) with a radiologic chemical, so its position can be seen on X-ray. There is no evidence that Enteryx reabsorbs.

I was just wondering also if you have this procedure done and it doesn't work can you then get the fundo done or willl that interfere?
    Thanks,
    Rhonda

Enteryx

Hi Rhonda- I have read that you will be able to have fundo after Enteryx but not the other way around.
    I just finished doing a lot of research on it but not much about Endocinch but I think the idea is similar- they are pretty non invasive.... I actually wanted Enteryx which I thought was an easier quicker fix and my husband was very much against it, since he thought there was much more involved than just what Enteryx could fix in the esophogus. (He listens better at my dr office visits apparently)

My GI dr wanted me to have Enteryx and I decided to let my surgeon put in his two cents. He would not even discuss it since I had a large hiatal hernia that needed to be repaired, and Enteryx is not recommended in those cases.

I am quite sure I found a lot of info on Enteryx at [url]www.mayoclinic.com[/url]

Are your symptoms well controlled with meds>? That is another issue they look at. Mine were not..... anyhow I just had the fundo last week and I was feeling back to normal today on day 5- went to grocery store- cooked a big meal, did laundry, vacuumed, and dusted, etc. Haven't even had Tylenol in 48 hours, and no I would not say that I have a high pain tolerance.
    Just can't lift anything over 10 pounds for one more week.
    - I thought I would never get all those groceries in- one bag at a time hehehe

good luck

Comment

Endocinch vs Enteryx

The Endocinch is a similar procedure to the Enteryx in that it's a non surgical one, but instead of inserting a substance, the suture the esophagus to put what they call a plication into it, thus making it tighter around the LES. Take a look at [url]www.endocinch.com[/url] for more info.

From what I've read u can still do the fundo after this procedure and I think u can still have it done after a fundo, but I'm not sure on that one. I think a guy called Monquer had it done after a fundo - u might want to search through the archives for posts from him.

Cheers,
      Mel

Comment

Is Endocinch and Enteryx the same?

Hi Mel,
        Thanks for the web site. Just learning about all that comes with having LPR. This board is great for all the help they give.
        Again Thanks,
        Rhonda

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda
          Hi Mel,
          Thanks for the web site. Just learning about all that comes with having LPR. This board is great for all the help they give.
          Again Thanks,
          Rhonda
          there are other non surgerical procedures currently evaluated, the NDO full-thickness plicator (similar to endocinch but one transmural plication), the stretta which very roughly consist in burning your les with radio frequences and one even more promissing, according to my GI, which is similar to Enteryx and which is called the gate keeper. Look more promissing because more simple to implement and highly reproductible.

Have a look there for more details
          [url]http://www.facs.org/spring_meeting/2004/gs08richards.pdf[/url]

Best

Comment

babygirl,

Go easy on the house cleaning etc. Your restrictions should be more than just not lifting for the first 2-3 weeks. I wasnt allowed to do anyhting that would put pressure like pushing a vaccum on the hernia repair. The stitches need to heal in and that takes a few weeks. It was tough for me to because I felt quite good after this surgery but you have to take it easy the first few weeks. I would watch the lifting for several months. I still wont lift anyhting to heavy.

Comment

Working...
            X