• Show
Clear All

• Plicator Failure/Terrified

hi
    Im about done here with this plicator. i thought things were bad
    before. still have acid regurgitation, food flows up and sits in my
    esophagus. its hard to breath. Im devestated beyond belief. its been
    two weeks and no symptom improve-instead Ive got shoulder pain, cant go
    to the bathroom unless I use stool softner b/c of the ultram etc..
    tommorrow passover starts, my sister is comming to town and Im breaking
    apart. Ive got to get ahold fo the dr tommorrow and see about removing
    the plicator. why does this food pump up and sit there? why doesnt the
    plicator cut off the crap? god help me.
    upset
    art

Hi art,

Sorry to hear you are doing so badly. I haven't had the plicator, but I had a fundo and am having problems similar to yours -- reflux still comes up and then sits in my esophagus. I have the trouble breathing like you do (along with all the other LPR problems). I fee like I am trying to breath through stuff from my esophagus all the time. Trying to look on the bright side, if you really choose to undo it, at least the plicator is easier to undo than a fundo. Anyways, although I didn't have the same procedure you did, I just wanted to let you know that I think I know how you feel.

Teressa

Comment

Update

the dr ordered a barium swallow. i hate this test. he is looking for other problems and to check the plicator. another week laying here and I will go crazy.

Comment

Hang in there. Hopefully the barium swallow will help with the decision as to what to do. I've had quite a few swallows and am having another one done soon also. Things will all work out somehow.

Teressa

Comment

Barium

how do u stand the barium. why isnt it flavored?

Comment

So you had the barium swallow? How did it go? Depending on the exact mixture they use, it tastes worse or better. I've had some that didn't taste too bad. How are you feeling?

Comment

Art - did you ask your doc about post procedure swelling -- is that a possibility? I think you also have two diet choices -- either everything pureed like soup for a while, or eating a totally low carb diet. I am talking nothing but meat, cheese, eggs for a few days to see if that helps you with things coming up?

Stress definitely tightens things up, as well as pushes air into your stomach which can be burped back out. Try to stay as calm as possible --- you'll get thru this (from someone who knows, believe me). b

Comment

Tho - you don't want to have too many of those barium swallows unless they are really necessary, k? b

Comment

Hi Buffy,

Good point, I've had way too many tests involving x-rays and ingesting barium and other bad substances . I just really need help though, something is just not right.

Teressa

Comment

will remove/short of breath

it looks like the dr will remove plicator next week. its harder to breathe-which for some reason causes food to push even further up. this makes it very hard to swallow or eat. i will file a report with the fda as well
                    art3

Comment

This is a simple, quick and effective procedure. it should work in tightening a loose sphincter unless your doctor is no good.

Do you have anything else except for a loose LES? If not, the doctor may have made your LES too tight.

Comment

well..

well I have mild gastroparesis so food doesnt empty as prompt as it should. we were trying to stop the regurg of food and acid etc. now i have to hope the plicator has not caused more issues after removal. i guess it isnt for everyone for sure
                        art3

Comment

Well that explains your problem. You probably should have the nissen to fix the problem as you need an extra strong LES.

Comment

Working...
                          X