Ginger Root for nausea and GERD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger Root for nausea and GERD

I was just wondering if anyones actually tried ginger root for nausea and GERD and if it actually works or makes it worse? Any info would be great and instruction on what to do with the ginger root.
    I think I heard that 1/2 tsp of shredded root boiled in water is helpful (i think those are the right measurements) although drinking hot liquids is not a good thing to do i thought.

Amanda

ginger tea

I've been drinking ginger tea for a while--I don't have problems with nausea, but I've had GERD (with heartburn as the main symptom) since Oct. '02. It's not a miracle cure for me, but it seems to help somewhat. What I use (on the recommendation of some book I read somewhere; how's that for documentation?) is 1 tsp fresh grated ginger root steeped in 1 cup boiling water for 10 minutes--3 times a day, to be sipped with meals. Since it's a pain in the neck to make it three times a day, I make all 3 cups at once in the morning, and put 2 cups in a thermos for later. I didn't like the taste much at first, but it was easier for me to take than the straight ginger juice that some here have recommended. After a while I got used to it.

Hope this helps!

Linbee

Comment

Working...
    X