Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hayleyBW
    replied
    NYer, I am so sorry but I am not going to be able to find a beach house for you. I was all set to stop in at homes that had for rent summer signs today and this weekend and ask around and today we were riding our tandem and had an accident and I broke my tibia and fibula. A very bad break. I cannot have surgery till the swelling goes down at least a few weeks according to the orthopedic surgeon. I am in so much pain and the vicodin is not doing anything to touch it. Just got home from the hospital after a myriad of tests all day and I just want to cry. Surgeon said it will be at least 6 months to heal and a year to start feeling like myself. Just when I started getting back to my self and feeling better. So depressed and sad. And I cannot work because that involves being on my feet for at least 3 months so I know the clinic director won't hold my job for me. He's not a nice guy and it comes down to money. If I am not seeing my patients he needs someone who can. Also very sorry I cannot help you in your quest. (

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    Sorry, I'm typing from my phone and ended that too soon. I was going to say: So that's why digestive enzymes are helpful.

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    It seems to me that you would not absorb your nutrients very well because the part of digestion that is supposed to be happening in the stomach isn't happening properly. However most of the actual absorption of nutrients takes place in the intestine - the stomach is where a lot of stuff gets broken down-not absorbed.

Leave a comment:

• NikkiB
    replied
    Hey NYer, How are you? just curious....
    Whats your theory on stomach acid and nutrition. If you have low acid because of PPI's or an aggravated stomach lining are you able to absorb nutrition effectively? My Endo Doc said you still would be able to absorb nutrition. Just wondering what u think. I've been off PPI's now (still healing) and I'm eating well. Watching what I eat but eating nevertheless. But I can't gain back a thing. Its almost like my body isn't absorbing what I'm eating, just staying steady or dropping. Digesting it and passing it out.
    Would like to know what u think. Or anyone else's opinion. I TRIED GOOGLE LOL

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    Hayley, Anywhere near beach and preferably with pool. Hmtns (Bays, West, South, Bridge, or East!). I'm not too familiar with the J.Shore but that's fine, too. And even Long Bch, LI is fine if it's on the Beach! We just need AFORDABLE ($450/wknd -ish).
    Thanks for keeping an ear out!

Leave a comment:

• hayleyBW
    replied
    Hey NYer, I don't know of anyone renting but I will ask around and see if there are any possibilities. Any area in particular you are interested in renting?

And lol funny joke. I love the Canadian speech patterns/accent. My Canadian friends like my NY accent too.

Nikki I haven't sampled the Sunwarrior protein powder yet but will update here with my review as soon as I do.

Leave a comment:

• NikkiB
    replied
    Lmao I needed to laugh! Thanks NYer
    Yes I'm Canadian, born and raised! Both my parents are Jamaican.

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    This is totally off-topic...
    Hayley, do you know anyone who is looking to rent out some weekends at their beach house? Maybe one of your neighbors? We used to have a place we'd rent out east but they sold it and the new owners are using it and not renting.
    So that left us without a place. I haven't yet found anything affordable this summer.

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    I use Solgar "Whey to Go". Never had any problems with it. Haven't tried the brands you mentioned. I will, though.

Nikki, I don't think I knew that you're Canadian.

Question:
    What is the difference between a mugger in New York and a mugger in Canada?

Answer:
    The New York mugger says: "EY, gimme all your money!"
    The Canadian mugger says: "Gimme all your money, ey?"

Leave a comment:

• NikkiB
    replied
    Hey NYer! Thanks.... I'm 35 feeling like 60 and my body is definitely rebounding now of PPI's! REFLUX HELL along with neck stiffness

Originally posted by hayleyBW View Post
    I ordered samples of Sunwarrior Warrior blend in natural and vanilla based on some excellent recommendations. They are free of dairy, gluten, soy, sugar and add a good amount of protein. I will let you know what I think when I add it to my smoothies.
    Hey Hayley, my ND mentioned Sunwarrior to me. I haven't tried it yet! I really would like to hear your opinion on it! Right now I'm trying "Original New Zealand Whey". I purchased it in a natural food store... tastes yummy! and no reflux... I'll give it a couple more tries.

Its pouring here in Toronto!!!

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    Hey All!
    Sorry I missed this exciting series of posts!
    Hayley, you and I probably live right next door to each other...and we're probably going to the same beach this weekend!
    So I'm packed and ready for the Vitamix party!!

"Bitters" - the idea with those is that they get your digestive system to say, "Oh yes, food will be coming down here, so I have to start pumping out the required enzymes and acids, etc." So you take them a little while before you eat and it gets your GI system pumped up and ready to start doing what it's supposed to do.
    That's why, if I'm not mistaken, some Europeans have a little "digestif" prior to a meal.

Histamines - You know, the H2 Blockers that many of you take (Zantec, et al) are HISTAMINE blockers. So, even though it's a different histamine, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a correlation between what you all have been discussing allergy-wise and the GERD symptoms. That's worth Google-ing. I'd look into it for you but I'm really busy right now and can't.

And Happy Birthday everyone!

-NYer

Leave a comment:

• hayleyBW
    replied
    Originally posted by NikkiB View Post
    No problem and thank you Hayley!!! Umma try those smoothies starting tomorrow!

I'm coming too!!!
    The more the merrier! NYer, you are invited too.
    And of course SO 's also.

Leave a comment:

• NikkiB
    replied
    No problem and thank you Hayley!!! Umma try those smoothies starting tomorrow!

Originally posted by Hazeleyes View Post
    Can I crash your beach house?
    I'm coming too!!!

Leave a comment:

• hayleyBW
    replied
    Happy Birthday Nikki!!! I love spa days

The smoothies definitely increase my appetite because they are delicious and I am planning to add protein powder to them starting maybe tomorrow. I ordered samples of Sunwarrior Warrior blend in natural and vanilla based on some excellent recommendations. They are free of dairy, gluten, soy, sugar and add a good amount of protein. I will let you know what I think when I add it to my smoothies.

Hazel, for digestive bitters I have been using (on and off) Nature's Way Digestion with Enzymes with Herbal Bitters. I am going to check your recommendation out Nikki, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NikkiB
    replied
    Thanks Hazel!!! I turned 35 and decided to keep it low key. No turn up!! Only on gingerale Lol The water therapy was exactly what I needed! and they had some yummy smoothies that didn't bother me one bit.
    We're all a hot...... well I won't curse!Lol but we're messed up. I hope we all find some healing. And I'm praying for all of u!

Regarding smoothies, I need ro start implementing that into my diet. Sounds delish! Funny... I have an appetite but can gain to save my life lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X