No announcement yet.

The All-Natural Regimen That Has Helped My Reflux Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that's fine. But that wasn't even a 4-letter word. It was only 3.

Comment

• Hello all...

NYer good thing Im a tough girl or you would have made me cry LOL The reason for my delay yesterday in getting an apt with my GP was that I was stuck in a meeting a work. As soon as I got out I checked this forum and then called my GP. He can't see me for a week. I took myself to Urgent Care last night on my way home from work and they said NO Thrush. Doc wasn't able to really diagnose me with anything ..blamed it on reflux.

Comment

• Hi Hazel!
        So sorry if that sounded meaner than I wanted it to...part of what I wrote had to do with me kicking your posterior region, which you chuckled about a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I phrased it a bit differently (I write like I talk) and my wording was edited so it may have taken on a stronger tone than it should have.

I wouldn't trust that "not thrush" diagnosis so quickly. You might check with your dentist or, as I said, speak to your GP's office and ask if they would call in a prescription without seeing you. Reason I say this is because the drug is Nystatin (or some version of a related drug), which has been around forever and you don't have to worry about any problems from it. It's not like asking for Narcotics over the phone! This way, if you take it but it turns out that you truly don't have thrush, you won't harm yourself.

Now on the flip side, if it is indeed not thrush, then yes, it's from GERD. And if you're getting the refluxing all the way into your mouth, the best thing you can do (as annoying as it is) is to really super-elevate your upper half while sleeping. This means maybe sleeping in a recliner or getting an adjustable bed.

-NYer

And yes, if it's from GERD, it's likely still rebound reflux.

Comment

• NYer..no need to apologize. I know that your intentions are always good and well humored. Besides, sometimes we do need a kick in the rear. Its easy to get down and out and start thinking doom and gloom. I've been on an emotional roller-coaster. My mornings are always bad, start with bad anxiety, have to force myself to go through the morning rituals. My kids distract me from it for the most part. I'm beginning to wonder how much stress really has to do with this. At least in my case, my mind seems to be very strong and has a huge impact on how I feel for the day.

I will give my GP a call or go to a different UC this evening.

Comment

• If you CALL and get them to do it over the phone, it's free!!!

Comment

• I tried to get them to give it to me over the phone ...no go. Doc wants to see me first.

Comment

• How did the doctor determine that you don't have thrush yesterday? Just by looking at your tongue?

Comment

• He looked and tongue and throat, scraped some of the white stuff off and said no thrush. That it was either due to a medication I was taking or acid reflux. Not too sure about that doc, which is why I'm going to see my doc anyhow.

Comment

• No more potty mouth from Nikki! Sorry!
                    Hazel, Like NYer said in an earlier post... its not defiantly all in your head but I do agree about the stress and anxiety, it does make the symptoms worse. I also find if I'm distracted or keep busy, my day isn't so bad and to be honest I've had some days where I feel almost normal but I dont get too excited anymore lol. Not to say that it still isn't going on physically but mental stress can defiantly add additional symptoms! FEEL BETTER! Big hugs!

Comment

• Ok so just spoke to my GP's nurse again. The reason my dr. doesn't want to just give me something without seeing me is that he thinks the white and sore tongue can be caused by my anemia. If that is the case it means my anemia is severe and he'll need to treat me right away.

Comment

• Oh great. Just what you needed. Another potential ailment to freak you out.

Comment

• No more potty mouth from Nikki! Sorry!
                          Oh Nikki. That's what I loved about you.

Comment

• Hazel, I don't want to say your doctor is wrong, but a burning tongue can be symptomatic of low B-12 but not so likely low iron. That said, however, lots of times if you have low iron (which you obviously do, since you already know you're anemic), low B-12 may go hand in hand with it. In addition, if you're on PPI's and/or H2 Blockers (like Zantac) for a length of time, it can cause a B-12 deficiency. You (and anyone else here who is still taking those lousy drugs) should get your B-12 blood levels checked and if they're low, take a B-12 supplement. You can take it as a sub-lingual (under the tongue) lozenge. But if you're really low, you should get shots. (Yeah, Nikki, don't freak out! LOL!) I went for them and they are totally no big deal (and I don't like shots). They give you the shot into the meaty part of your TUSH. (I can't say the other word, ) It's a small needle and pretty painless. Many people find it gives them a real boost of energy. I didn't. Anyway, I take a sub-lingual lozenge daily. But B-12 doesn't absorb very readily through your digestive tract. So if you're really low, get shots for a while.

Oh and Hazel, I was looking up "burning tongue" and syphilis showed up. LOL!! What have you been doing in your spare time?
                            Haha! Actually, it was just "tongue symptoms". Syphilis causes sores - not burning tongue. Whew.

Comment

• This is all serious but you have me freaking dying here NYer LMAO!!!
                              The more I read up on the shots it doesn't seem that bad also with the info you gave me regarding PPI and more research, I really want to come off PPI's. specially since my iron is low. Whats your Ferrite number the last time you checked Hazel? When I went to the office yesterday mines is only 6. My B-12 is ok apparently but I know that me being on PPI's is preventing me from absorbing Iron like my body needs to be!

One day at a time!!!

Comment

• LOL...NYer I wish I had the energy and time to get into any kind of trouble in my spare time, although I'll pass on the syphilis thanks.

Im actually going to ask my GP to do a full blood workup when I see him. Honestly I'm not sure anymore how much any of what's wrong with me is actually related to GERD. I've lost so much weight I think I'm just malnutritioned at this point. I agree 100% with NikkiB about the stress. I'm completely freaking myself out on a daily basis about what's wrong with me and how much worst its going to get. Even when my GERD symptoms aren't that bad I'm worried that its just a good day and it will go back to bad eventually which of course it does. When I keep myself busy or with my sisters my GERD doesn't bother which goes to show it can't be that bad. My doc wants to put me on a very low dose of Paxil which I have fought tooth and nail but now beginning to cave a little because I can feel the knots in my stomach from the stress Im causing myself. I spend a lot of time crying.

NikkiB not sure what you mean by Ferrite numbers. Probably the same as Hemoglobin numbers which is what my test results say for anemia. Normal range is between 11.7 - 15.5 and my number came back at 11.5 in April. which is barely anemic but a lot has changed since April (about 10 lbs). Def concerned about my B-12 NYer.

Comment

Working...
                                X