No announcement yet.

The All-Natural Regimen That Has Helped My Reflux Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayley, Anywhere near beach and preferably with pool. Hmtns (Bays, West, South, Bridge, or East!). I'm not too familiar with the J.Shore but that's fine, too. And even Long Bch, LI is fine if it's on the Beach! We just need AFORDABLE ($450/wknd -ish).
    Thanks for keeping an ear out!

Comment

• Hey NYer, How are you? just curious....
      Whats your theory on stomach acid and nutrition. If you have low acid because of PPI's or an aggravated stomach lining are you able to absorb nutrition effectively? My Endo Doc said you still would be able to absorb nutrition. Just wondering what u think. I've been off PPI's now (still healing) and I'm eating well. Watching what I eat but eating nevertheless. But I can't gain back a thing. Its almost like my body isn't absorbing what I'm eating, just staying steady or dropping. Digesting it and passing it out.
      Would like to know what u think. Or anyone else's opinion. I TRIED GOOGLE LOL

Comment

• It seems to me that you would not absorb your nutrients very well because the part of digestion that is supposed to be happening in the stomach isn't happening properly. However most of the actual absorption of nutrients takes place in the intestine - the stomach is where a lot of stuff gets broken down-not absorbed.

Comment

• Sorry, I'm typing from my phone and ended that too soon. I was going to say: So that's why digestive enzymes are helpful.

Comment

• NYer, I am so sorry but I am not going to be able to find a beach house for you. I was all set to stop in at homes that had for rent summer signs today and this weekend and ask around and today we were riding our tandem and had an accident and I broke my tibia and fibula. A very bad break. I cannot have surgery till the swelling goes down at least a few weeks according to the orthopedic surgeon. I am in so much pain and the vicodin is not doing anything to touch it. Just got home from the hospital after a myriad of tests all day and I just want to cry. Surgeon said it will be at least 6 months to heal and a year to start feeling like myself. Just when I started getting back to my self and feeling better. So depressed and sad. And I cannot work because that involves being on my feet for at least 3 months so I know the clinic director won't hold my job for me. He's not a nice guy and it comes down to money. If I am not seeing my patients he needs someone who can. Also very sorry I cannot help you in your quest. (

Comment

• OMG, Hayley! I'm so sorry to hear that. You poor thing!!!
              My honey just told me to tell you that our inability to find a place is a high-class problem and doesn't come close to what you're dealing with right now. So please don't give it a second thought and just know that it was SO sweet of you to even make the effort to look around for me. Please just focus on getting better. Do you have long term disability insurance through your job? I hope so.
              I'm sitting here having dinner outside by the ocean and thinking about you. I hope you heal up and feel better soon.
              Xxoo
              NYer

Comment

• NYer, Thanks for answering my question! I have so much more to learn!

OH Heyley, I am so sorry too hear about your accident! I pray you have a speedy recovery!!! Please take care! Big hugs!
                Nikki

Comment

• Thanks NYer and Nikki. Yeah pretty miserable year so far. Surgeon said at least 6 months to begin resuming easy activities and a year till I feel like myself. Or something like that. I am in so much pain it's hard to concentrate and focus. I wonder if I can take more than 1 pill q6h because it's just not doing anything. Sorry to be moaning about this but this is (short of dying) one of the worse things that could have happened to me. I am so active and now I cannot do anything literally. My dh has to help me shower, wash my hair and even go to the bathroom. I am hoping once the pain is under control I can do more things for myself. He just helped me up the stairs because we're at the beach house and the bedrooms are upstairs and at first I was going to try sleeping on the couch downstairs but I wanted to be in my comfy bed and next ohim yanno? But OMG those stairs were tortuous. I couldn't use the crutches so I leaned on him and hopped with him lifting me somewhat. I joked that all he had to do was push me down the stairs and collect the life insurance. No one would be the wiser. LOL. Thank goodness he doesn't want to do that. Yet. :|

NYer I have disability not through my job but independently purchased by me as I am an independent consultant. It's the way that these companies get out of paying any benefits/healthcare/vacation/personal days etc. I work as a 1099 consultant. My disability insurance doesn't kick in until 3 months disabled. Sigh.

Enjoy the ocean and thanks for being so kind. Hugs to both of you.

Comment

• Hayley,
                    How are you feeling? I've been thinking about you and I hope your pain has subsided and that you're doing at least a bit better.
                    I'm glad you have a good hubby who can help you around.

Comment

• Hi NYer, thanks for checking in with me. I saw a surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery today and he is hoping my swelling will be down enough for surgery next Monday. I have a Pilon fracture which is not a good one (is there a good one lol) to have. He is supposed to be one of the best orthopedic surgeons so I hope I am making the best choice as the other surgeon who saw me where the accident occurred seemed very good too but my parents and everyone else are insisting that I would be crazy to go anywhere but the HSS. Plus my mom was a patient of Dr Wellman's 2 years ago and swears by him. Can you believe his name- Wellman haha. Cannot make this stuff up.

Prognosis is not certain and that is what scares me. He said I will not be able to gain 100% of former function but because I am motivated and willing to work my *** off I will do better than those who are not as motivated. And as for my Stuart Weitzman boots fitting again he can make no promises ...of course I am mainly concerned about function but hey I'm a girl and I love style and looking good but I have to take in one day at a time. No other choice.

Thanks again for thinking of me. I am trying to remain strong and positive and upbeat but it is I think the biggest challenge I have ever dealt with. And yes my dh is supportive but he has to go into work the rest of this week and I can barely do anything on crutches with my leg in so much pain. So I don't even know if I am going to be able to get to the bathroom by myself let alone get a drink or something to eat yanno? Plus I am under strict orders not to move except for bathroom because I have to get that swelling down before I can have surgery. And in fact I have to have anti-inflammatory injections so I don't get blood clot formation since I am not moving. This is so hard for me because I am usually so active. I hate doing nothing but at least my pain takes my mind off my boredom haha.

Hope all is well by you

Comment

• Hey Hay!
                        1. If I were ever going to need any kind of orthopedic surgery, HSS is the hospital I would go to. There are so many hospitals in NYC but THAT is the one to go to. My Mother had to have a procedure there years ago and I was really impressed with the staff there. They are very organized and everyone does their job well. If they say, for example, that they are taking you for x-rays at 3:15 PM, then they show up promptly and you get your x-rays at 3:15 without having to lay in a gurney waiting for them.

2. Call your local Pharmacy/Surgical Supply store and ask them if you can borrow or rent a wheelchair from them. A few years back, I tore a ligament in my ankle and, at the same time, banged up the opposite knee. And I have no upper body strength so the crutches just didn't work out for me. I got a little stir crazy but my significant other pushed me all over the city in the wheelchair, which was nice! But also, you get get yourself around a little bit with that and - if it's the right kind of wheelchair - you can keep your leg elevated. Of course, I don't know how big your apartment is and I know that getting around in MY apartment with a wheelchair would be impossible. But at least you can use it to go downstairs and get your mail or sit outside of the building.

-NYer

Comment

• Thanks NYer. My parents borrowed a foldable wheelchair from a neighbor of theirs and my dh retrofitted it so I could keep my leg up and we took it today to the HSS and it was much easier than just using the crutches I agree. I wish I could download pics here to show you what my dh did to it that allows me to keep my leg up. I thought it was pretty clever of him. Is there a way to post pics here?

Hmm, maybe this will work. A pic link. At HSS today.
                          http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag149/MissyandGreg/20140630_072715_zpsaf2f7f75.jpg?t=1404127698

Comment

• Hah! I don't think you can post pictures here but that worked! OMG, I'm very impressed that you are wearing a dress and heels to go to the hospital. How elegant! I'd be in loose shorts and sandals. And your hubby did a good job inventing a leg support! But while you're there, you might ask them if they have an actual thing designed for that!

Comment

• Haha, Thanks NYer. Not heels though. I never wear heels. They are ballet flats. Much more my style. That and my Stuart Weitzman boots that I am not sure I will ever fit into again
                              Dresses are the easiest thing to wear because it's hard getting anything over my leg it's so painful.

I bet they do make something for support but this was so easy because the chair is from my parents neighbor so no shopping necessary. And my dh who loves woodworking just happened to have the wood around lol. So easy peasy. He wanted to cushion it with carpet or something but I like the classic wood look.

Comment

• I love the carpet idea! And - did you have the pedicure done before you broke your leg or after you got the cast?
                                The important thing is that your toes look good. All the rest doesn't matter. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X