No announcement yet.

The All-Natural Regimen That Has Helped My Reflux Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you ladies for your concern and advice. I'm at my wits end with this. still feeling pretty miserable. NYer, I had an endoscopy done in Feb and they took a biopsy. Negative on the celiac. I also did some allergy testing for gluten, dairy and nuts..all negative. Doesn't mean I don't have a sensitivity to gluten. Might try cutting it out for a bit and see what happens. Thank you for the food list. I can't seem to eat ANYTHING without refluxing. The other day I ate a bowl of plain white rice and felt the reflux in my throat. I don't understand

The GI doesn't think its an ulcer because its just a little blood in my spit. Not vomiting huge amounts nor have blood in my stool (TMI). Thinks it more damage to my gums (great)

I can't seem to eat ANY fruits, bananas kill me as does oatmeal. steamed or cooked veggies are ok. I can do a salad with NO dressing. Im really afraid for my health and nutrition at this point.

Nyer...not coughing at all, so no kind of infection to blame for the blood.

I have noticed that my stress makes it 100 x times worst and Im trying to keep it under control but very difficult when Im worried about starving to death.

Haley, so happy your surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Huge hugs to you all.
    Hazel

Comment

• Originally posted by NYer View Post
      Hey Hayley!!
      I'm so glad everything went well for you. I TOLD you that was a great hospital!
      Welcome home!
      Sorry to hear about the nausea. That's from the anesthesia.

I'd love to get an adjustable bed, too! The problem is that I can only fit a double bed in here. And the adjustable double beds go up/down on both sides together. King beds allow you to adjust separately. That would be bigger than my apartment!

And, guess what? This is a GREAT time to be laying around doing nothing. It's hot and humid out. Screw that...put the A/C on high and eat ice cream and watch TV.

Oh, BTW, always make sure you have food in your stomach when you take the oxycodone. Otherwise, you can get nauseous. I learned the hard way years ago when I had my wisdom tooth pulled.

Take good care!
      NYer
      Thanks NYer! A/C on high and eating yummy foods...orders I like!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazeleyes View Post
        Thank you ladies for your concern and advice. I'm at my wits end with this. still feeling pretty miserable. NYer, I had an endoscopy done in Feb and they took a biopsy. Negative on the celiac. I also did some allergy testing for gluten, dairy and nuts..all negative. Doesn't mean I don't have a sensitivity to gluten. Might try cutting it out for a bit and see what happens. Thank you for the food list. I can't seem to eat ANYTHING without refluxing. The other day I ate a bowl of plain white rice and felt the reflux in my throat. I don't understand

The GI doesn't think its an ulcer because its just a little blood in my spit. Not vomiting huge amounts nor have blood in my stool (TMI). Thinks it more damage to my gums (great)

I can't seem to eat ANY fruits, bananas kill me as does oatmeal. steamed or cooked veggies are ok. I can do a salad with NO dressing. Im really afraid for my health and nutrition at this point.

Nyer...not coughing at all, so no kind of infection to blame for the blood.

I have noticed that my stress makes it 100 x times worst and Im trying to keep it under control but very difficult when Im worried about starving to death.

Haley, so happy your surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Huge hugs to you all.
        Hazel

Hazel, I am so sorry you are still suffering. Just wanted to say that though you tested negative to gluten etc does not make it a given. These food allergy tests are notoriously inaccurate so you might do well to do an elimination diet on your own to see if you can get any relief of your symptoms.

Thank you for your good wishes and I am sending lots and lots of healing dust and positive vibes your way!!!

Comment

• Good afternoon

Hey Everyone,
          Thank you everyone for the encouragement, I really, really do appreciate it. I'm trying my best to stay on top on this and get much better! Although it costs me a fortune, the best thing I could've done was seen a ND and find NYer (free of charge). I'm pleased with my progress and its only been 3wks, well almost 4 since I've started seeing my ND I still have days where I'm feeling like crap but I know its my iron! Like I mentioned before, I've always been anemic all my life due to my cycle (TMI) but since Gastritis.... It def. made it worse!!! It has NEVER felt like this! In terms of my appetite and stomach discomfort... Much-much better! I even put on 5lbs (Its a start)!
          Hey NYer, I found the almond butter you mentioned "MaraNatha", very yummy. Was thinking if you could recommend a biscuit or cracker to eat with it? as a snack! Been looking in the stores but don't know what the hell to pick up or if I could eat any at all.

Hazel, How are you girl?.... I'm been thinking about you quite a bit!

Hayley, You'll be up and running around in no time!!! You and NYer seem to have the same kind of spirit!!!

Comment

• Nikki,
            ...if you could recommend a biscuit or cracker to eat with it?
            I'm not the best one to ask about crackers and biscuits because I avoid carbs (due to diabetes). I would eat it straight out of the jar. (Or on a chocolate bar if I could!!!!!!! But I can't.) Back in the day, I'd eat peanut butter on a Ritz cracker or Cheeze Nips.

And Hazel, I've been thinking about you a lot. I hope you're doing better.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYer View Post
              I would eat it straight out of the jar.
              Thanks! Straight out the jar sounds good to me!

Comment

• Hello ladies,

I'm hanging in there. I went to see my new (3rd) GI last Wednesday and he decided to have a crap load of blood test done. As I told you a few months ago according to all my test there is no "structural" reason for me to be suffering as I am. He also asked that I contact my previous GI's and have all records transferred. It turns out that my very first GI that did my initial endoscopy back in Jan. only did a biopsy of my esophagus. Not my stomach or small intestines, He had told me that I was negative for H. Pylori but how could he know this if he didn't do a biopsy? My new GI is now suspecting Atrophic Gastritis due to H. Pylori infection and my anemia (which is worse) that would cause pressure on my LES and therefore cause it to relax. He stated that I most likely had the atrophic gastritis all along and my initial PPI use made it worst. I have an another endoscopy scheduled for next Wednesday. I believe Atrophic Gastritis would result in LOW stomach acid and PPI use would just add to the problem?

Thank you all for thinking of me. Hope you had a good weekend.

Haley, hope your healing well.

Comment

• Hi Hazel,

That's all good news. I like that he's taking lots of bloods. And it sounds like the first GI was an idiot. I could understand an ENT only looking at your throat/esophagus during an endoscopy. But not a GI. that makes no sense. Sounds like the new guy "gets it". And he also understands the relationship of your anemia with the gastric problems. So that's very good.
                  There are other ways to test for H-pylori besides biopsy, but I think (I may be wrong) that biopsy is the most accurate.
                  There is also a breath test, a stool antigen test, and a blood test.
                  Your suspicion about the low stomach acid and PPI's makes sense to me, too.

By the way, I always ask all of my doctors for copies of my records and I keep them. That way, if I go to a new doctor, I can just bring them with me. Plus, you can also see if they made any mistakes or forgot to tell you something.
                  A few years ago, I tore a ligament in my ankle when I fell off of a curb. When I got the doctor's office notes, it said that I did it "playing basketball"!! Really?? Oh yes, that's me - Michael Jordan (except, short, female, white and totally UN-athletic.)
                  So I called and made them correct it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazeleyes View Post
                    Hello ladies,

I'm hanging in there. I went to see my new (3rd) GI last Wednesday and he decided to have a crap load of blood test done. As I told you a few months ago according to all my test there is no "structural" reason for me to be suffering as I am. He also asked that I contact my previous GI's and have all records transferred. It turns out that my very first GI that did my initial endoscopy back in Jan. only did a biopsy of my esophagus. Not my stomach or small intestines, He had told me that I was negative for H. Pylori but how could he know this if he didn't do a biopsy? My new GI is now suspecting Atrophic Gastritis due to H. Pylori infection and my anemia (which is worse) that would cause pressure on my LES and therefore cause it to relax. He stated that I most likely had the atrophic gastritis all along and my initial PPI use made it worst. I have an another endoscopy scheduled for next Wednesday. I believe Atrophic Gastritis would result in LOW stomach acid and PPI use would just add to the problem?

Thank you all for thinking of me. Hope you had a good weekend.

Haley, hope your healing well.
                    This sounds like good news to me too Hazel! At least something is making sense!!! Who would've thought anemia can cause gastric issues????? or make it worse? I'm glad you went to see another GI!

Big hugs!!!

"Oh yes, that's me - Michael Jordan (except, short, female, white and totally UN-athletic"
                    LMAO!!!

Comment

• I have a feeling that Hayley is having a great week - popping hydrocodone, laying on the couch in front of the A/C, watching TV and reading romance novels, with her husband at her beck and call feeding her bon bons.
                      At least, I hope so!!
                      Hayley? How you doin'?

Comment

• Hi ladies,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Absorbaid is on sale on Amazon - $23.19 for 240. Thats not bad

Comment

• That IS a good price - that's the same price as Vitacost (where I usually get it) but Vitacost has a $49 minimum for free shipping, whereas if you have Amazon Prime, it's free 2-day shipping with no minimum.
                          How you feeling today, Girlie?

Comment

• Hi NYer,

Im feeling ok at the moment. My ears have stopped bothering me, the tinnitus seems to be giving me a break , My tongue is what is driving me crazy..still burning and I've I've lost more weight. Down to 105 causing major stress and anxiety

Comment

• I just checked and a burning tongue IS symptomatic of anemia!!! I also still think it can be Thrush. But since you ARE anemic, that seems to be a reasonable link. You should probably talk to that new GI about that as soon as you can. And he should know a way for you to supplement with iron that won't negatively affect your gastric tract. You should probably be supplementing with B12, too.

Comment

• NYer..your are awesome. I was just looking up that same info. The suspicion of pernicious anemia is another reason my new GI is doing another endoscopy next Wednesday. I believe if he confirms they will give me both iron and B12 injections to get my levels back to normal. When I saw my GP on Monday and lab results confirmed anemia I asked about the injections but he stated before treating me they needed to find the cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X