To milan

Milan-
    How do you like Paxil? I'm on day 10.
    -lee

Leave a comment:

• DEB
    replied
    Hi Stacybrevin

Thanks for the advise. I guess i have been a little anxious over this matter, it's just that i had such a wonderful experience the first time around. I'm so glad i found this site, i feel like i'm in such good company!
    Take care, Deb.

Leave a comment:

• stacybrevin
    replied
    Yes Deb I was perscribed Zantac while i was nursing my second baby. I know at my hospital where I had my baby they were MUCH help. They have medical books that tell you what is safe or not safe. Dont fret about it. Yes, Zantac passes though to the breastmilk but a very small amount. They also perscribe Zantac to babies who have reflux. They perscribed my baby Zantac for his reflux. Keep me posted! Stacy

Leave a comment:

• DEB
    replied
    Hi Stacybrevin.
    I am trying desperately to find some relief for my
    Gerds if possible, so i shall be able to breastfeed safely. Does Zantac pass through into breast milk?
    I would dearly love to nurse my new baby but i'm
    afraid it might not happen. I know i will have to take something, anything that can help control my
    simptoms to allow me to nurse without strong meds.
    I shall keep on looking! Take care Stacy.

Deb

Leave a comment:

• stacybrevin
    replied
    Deb,
    Yes, I plan on breastfeeding my baby. I am going to continue to take Zantac for about 5 months to see how my reflux goes. Zantac does not work as well as Aciphex for me. I will nurse baby for as long as I can handle my reflux. I hate stopping because of me but I hate this reflux stuff. Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck to you! Stacy

Leave a comment:

• DEB
    replied
    Stacybrevin
    I hope all is going well for you with your pregnancy. I am also pregnant(2 months) i suffer from gerds, it started last year very sudden. I have a four year old, whom i breastfeed, are you planing on breastfeeding? If so, do you know of any meds that are safe to take whilst nursing? At the moment i am taking Ranitidine but i dont think it is safe to take when nursing.

Leave a comment:

• stacybrevin
    replied
    To Whatever

Thank you so much for your encouragement! You reminded me that I need to just sit back and relax. This is my last pregnancy and I want so bad to enjoy it, but I have been so caught up in myself. I hold everything inside because nobody understands. This board has been so helpful to me. It's crazy the symptoms that LPR causes. I am so sorry to hear all the tests you had to go through......that is no fun! You know my ENT is crazy. Three weeks ago he gave me some antibiotic because he said my salivary gland in my mouth was caused by a bacterial infection. Then he said I had thrush and perscribed me Nystatin. (you were right!) Then some other crap...I didnt take it! Well I was fed up with him treating me and not having a clue what my problem was. I asked him if all this was caused from my LPR and pregnancy? He said OH NO.....Well I just saw him yesterday and he said that it was all related to pregnancy and gerd. He either did his research so he wanted to get rid of me. It is helpful to know that there are others that have the same unusual symptoms. My tongue is still swollen but my burning sensation is slowly going away. I have been on zantac for about 2 weeks. I hope it is helping. Thank you so much! Stacy

Leave a comment:

• LPRDave
    replied
    This board has been of immense use to me for information.

I first had symptoms of LPR about two years ago. First thing I felt was
    twinges of burning in my throat. I was put on Tagamet, then Prilosec, for
    three months. Eventually the burning and severe sore throats abated, but
    what remained almost consistently for the last two years was: globus, swallowing
    difficulty, constant throat mucus, and burning tongue. This is the only place
    I have ever heard these tongue symptoms confirmed!

Meditation was instrumental in my symptoms improving the first time around.
    I felt pretty good for the last 1 1/2 years. There's no question in my mind that
    stress and anxiety caused this problem for me, and that relieving them is the
    only thing that will truly "cure it". Indeed, I have had a relapse big time in the
    last month and it coincides with a period of severe anxiety.

For more information on stress effects on this and other illnesses, check out
    askwaltstollmd.com.

Thanks to all who post here.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• whatever
    replied
    Stacy,
    My initial symtpoms about a year and a half ago were mostly related to my tongue and throat. I had the exact same tongue problems as you. I also had swollen glands throughout my neck... eventually spread to under arm and groin. Went through a battery of tests to be told it was oral thrush. But, oral thrush is very rare in normally healthy people... usually only occurs in babies or immuno-compromised people, like AIDS or some other major illness. The doc gave me this stuff called Nystatin swish and swallow(is that what you took?) and amoxycillan.
    None worked.. more and more tests (EGD, CT scans, blood work, MRIs, and on and on...) only to be told that it wasn't thrush but rather GERD.
    I did the prevacid, protonix, reglan, antibiotics(again), paxil, and finally Effexor XR.
    I actually didn't develop the "feeling" of heartburn until after doing the Nystatin and antibiotics in the beginning. I would have to say that after reading 1.5 years of posting, researching both the Internet and university libraries, that there is more to the GERD diagnosis for some people, as the docs still can't explain the myriad of symptoms that I had as being typical or even atypical GERD, NERD, or LPR.
    There is one positive thing.. although it may not seem to be. Hopefully for you, your symptoms will disappear after your pregnancy.... seems a long way from now, I know.
    Unfortunately, your choices of meds at this time are very limited. So, only advice I can give you is to stay relaxed. Don't get stressed, enjoy your family, deal with the pain as best you can.
    Stress, even if you don't realize it, will horribly magnify all GERD symptoms you are feeling. Good luck and keep in mind that there are others that are or have experienced what you have. Stay strong, watch your diet, and maybe try some yogurt... great probiotic to help even out the bacterial balance in your gut. Healthy too!!
    And whenever you do get stressed with this, post here on the boards. I've noticed that it's difficult for people to really understand and empathize with what you are going through, even the doctors can think you are just overreacting.... "Oh come on, it's just heartburn" kind-of-attitude.
    We all know what you are going through and are glad to help.
    Sincerely, good luck

Leave a comment:

• Ruza
    replied
    Try to eat more liver, meats (especially beef), eggs and milk.
    But definately try to eat liver. That is the best.

Leave a comment:

• Jasmine
    replied
    Don't forget

... you can take Gaviscon in addition to Zantac during pregnancy.

Leave a comment:

• stacybrevin
    replied
    Thanks for your advice. So your tongue burned and you had teeth marks in your tongue? You said bumpy.....I was just making sure it was teeth marks....To be honest I really dont want to bother any of my doctors. They look at you like you are crazy and you dont know what your talking about. Can an OB doc. test for low B12? Does iron have anything to do with it? My last two pregnancys I took extra iron pills and I havent with this pregnancy. I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. What foods have B12 in them and how much extra b12 did you take and where did you get it at? Hey.....I will ask my OB to test me the next time I see him in about 3 weeks! He can look at me like I am crazy......and he'll probably be right. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Ruza
    replied
    Ask you OB or GP

Hi!
    I feel so bad for you. It must be so hard for you.
    Yes, I was exactly 5 months preg. when it started. That was hell. I could only tolerate water (even that burned). It went away a 1 1/2 months later because I was caught it and adjusted my diet a bit.
    Yes, I was on prenatal vitamins. Prenatal vitamins usually are enough but you know that our bodies do weird things when pregnant. I'm not suggesting you take more vitamins but eat more foods rich in B12. Ask either doctor to test you. (Ask the nicer one). You know how some doctors just go "ya, ya your fine". Ask the doctor that is kind and will listen more.
    If you have anymore question don't hesitate to ask.
    Ruza

Leave a comment:

• stacybrevin
    replied
    FOr Ruza

Thank you for your information. I too read that on the internet. Were you pregnant at the time? Were you taking prenantal vitamins? Who would I get to test me? My OB? Wouldnt my prenatal be enough? Please write back. Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• HANI
    replied
    NEED serios advice

THANKS alot for y feeling i shall go for fundo soon ,get well and keep posting.hani

Leave a comment:

Working...
X