LPR and Vitamin D levels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Optimistic View Post
    Thanks Elena for bringing this up, I did vitamin D test in Jan 2011 and was worse than u, it was 10, although I'm living in a sunny country, I suffered from deficiency of it, because may be I try to avoid sun rays in my life.
    My story in short started in 1998 when I went to ER for abdomen pain and did surgery for appendix removal, but during the operation they discovered that the pain was from CD (Crohn Disease inflation) ! Not from appendix, and they removed the infected part, I lived 13 years without medication and free of Crohn symptoms except very mild diarrhea , in addition to tonsillitis problems.
    In Dec 2010, I got flare up and did colonoscopy and found again inflation close to my operation area, all other test was fine except vitamin D.
    I’m really always thinking who cause what? I mean is deficiency of vitamins cause gut problems or the opposite, crohn made absorption problems of nutrients? Is there any relation between tonsillitis and digestion system? (Because I heard that tonsillitis makes problems to bones and joints).
    The typical CD symptoms last for 1 month and get better using neutral diet and alternative med Such as Manuka honey and fish oils, but I faced another problems which are GERD likes symptoms which till now I’m suffering from as following:
    - Chest pain and heartburn - from time to time (when I drink water I feel it passing through esophagus ).
    - Air hunger and mild breathlessness - from time to time.
    - Feel sometimes dizzy and can’t concentrate (I think this related to vitamins deficiency).
    - When I talk too much in formal way I feel uncomfortable and tightness in my chest which embarrass me with others.
    - I feel always better when I release gas (belching )
    - I noticed better when eating food that might generate less gas.
    - Uncomfortable when curving the area between chest and abdomen.
    - Of course job pressure makes me worse.
    Going back to vit d3, I’m trying to expose myself to sun and take vit d doses, also I started taking daily portion of vegetable and fruit and some vit d rich food such as eggs, I know this take longer than med but hope produce better result with less site effect and will do another check propbley next month to see the result. Now I feel better and the above symptoms lowered especially the chest pain and breathlessness.
    I appreciate any advices related vit d, and I’m wondering if eggs take long time to digest or not?

I found Interseting blog for vit d3 [url]http://vitamind3blog.com/2011/02/todays-eggs-have-more-vitamin-d-less-cholesterol-than-in-2002/[/url]
    Optimistic, I really liked reading your eggs and Vit D article. I signed up for the news update. I did some reading on eggs. Yes, they are real good to eat at least 3 x a week. When I was really burning severely I had to eat only the egg whites, as the yellow part caused more acid. But the yellow part is the most nutricious part of the egg. Since I've improved with my LPR symptoms I've added back whole eggs several times a week and doing fine. I'm not burning on them anymore. At the very least you should get at least 2,000 IU of Vit D3 every day for the rest of your life. My neighbor's husband, who is in good health, was told by his Dr to take 4,000 IU of Vitamin D the rest of his life. So there must be difference of opinion on the amounts of Vit D to take. Since I'm taking 6,000 IU of Vit D3 I will ask to be retested again in 3 months. I have gone from a Vit D score of 25 to 44. As I lose weight I will reduce the Vit D3 amount but I will never fall below 4,000 IU of Vit D a day because of this LPR problem. I don't want the horrible pain to come back. I still feel once and while a bit of a sore throat and bit of ear ache but considerable better since I started Vit D3 drops and a good quality omega3 fish oil. Please let us know how your are doing and if you feel better with time.

Comment

Macharis, I took a Calcium test few weeks back. It came out within normal range. How are you feeling? Any progress?

Comment

Dear Elena,

Unfortunatelly I received some bad news. I repeated the endoscopy after the treatment and found that I still have an esofagite looking not so good. It is quite erozive. In addition to that I found that I have also a small hiatal hernia. Now I understand why I have burping all the time. Doctor say it is not that bad, it can be treated, I take some pills now (PPI) and check again the response to the treatment in one month. If the esofagite can be healed in some time, I am not sure about the hiatal hernia. I have a relative who had it since 40 years old, but he lived more than 80. So you can live with it, some others get complications because of it and reflux and even do surgery. I do not have data about percentage succes of surgery. I ve heard that with some special massage some hiatal hernia can be reversed but need to read more about this.

With the neck I am more or less the same: very much mucus in the troath (doctor say it is a way how the organism is defending itself by increasing the amount of mucus in the esofagus). My tongue is also not looking so good. But I occasionally have strane burns in the esofagues with pain in the back, which I hadn;t have them before.

What to say, scared, but optimistic. I try to relax, do the treatment, take care with the bad food and live with it.
        And I know how I got it: I had a very big weight loss in a short time (15 KG in 2-3 months) because of a depression and antibiotic which was taken on a low imunity state. Because of this weigth loss, my pressure on the stomac was increased and developed hiatal hernia. It could be also beacuse of to much effort or even ereditary causes.

I read good information about HH in the link below.
        [url]http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/hiatalhernia.html[/url]

If you do not have esofagite and hiatal hernia, consider yourself lucky, you might be out of complication in the long periode. Just try to relax, maditation, have some healty food and enjoy life as you can. your simptoms might be gone with the time.

Take care,
        Mihai

Comment

Dear Mihai, read the article. I agree with it and feel that it worth giving it a try before any type of surgery. When I look back at my habits prior to July 2009 when the severe LPR pain came on I do think I had poor food combinations and I ate too late in the evening before going to bed. I also recall 4 days before the horrible LPR pain came on that I lifted lots of boxes. That may have been a contributing factor. I also have severe sleep apnea. My Drs say that I had a small hernia probably since I was young. Its hard to say what contriubted to LPR but it could have been a combination of things. Since I had the fundoplicaiton surgery, my LPR was 10x worse after surgery. So I've never been quite able to figure out what is the problem. The clinical presentation is LPR before surgery and 10x worse after surgery. The Vit D3 drops and Omega 3 fish oil have really helped me and not eating meat of any kind. The last Dr said I had a vegal nerve problem. I can only hope that with time, a better diet and better food cominations and not eating late and losing weight I can improve. I read that neurological problems may improve over several years with fish oil. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Meanwhile I continue to improve and I'm enjoying life again after two really scary and horrifically painful years. I'm keenly aware that this nightmare of LPR could return. I hope you can find the answers that work for you. Let us knw how you are doing. Take care.

Comment

Hi Elena! Are you still there....my 13 year old is struggling with LPR, please help

Originally posted by Elena View Post
            Dear Optimistic: Yes, your levels of Vit D are very low. Some of the articles I've read of people with those kinds of low levels were put on 10,000 IU for 6 weeks and then checked and either it was lowered or kept that way for a few more weeks until levels came up. There is a growing body of research that indicates that Vit D levels may be set too low. I read where one ER Dr took 10,000 IU a day because he wanted to keep his lungs healthy and his immune system at optium levels as he was exposed to so many viral/bacteria agents. You have to check with your Dr and do your own research and make your own decisions. Is Vit D an answer for all of us with LPR? No one can say. I found no specific research on LPR and Vit D. But its worth getting checked, talk with your Dr and do your research on the web around Vit D and how low levels effect the body. Read reputable sources. Vit D effects muscle tone and if your overweight you need more, if your older (over 50 yrs old) you don't make it as well from the sun. And if your inside a great deal of the time like, our modern society is, you don't make enough. Look up how many IU of D is made by the body when its in the sun. Its alot. More than what we get in our diet and our vitamins. Vit D (is really a hormone but they call it a vitamin) is not a magic pill but research is finding that without adequate levels your body, your body just doesn't work right. Since I suspect that the UES/LES are muscles could lack of enough Vitamin D effect muscle tone...could there be a connection? I requested a magnisum level test yesterday and will go in for it soon. Let us know how your are doing as time goes on.
            Hi Elena,

My 13 year old has LPR and I wanted to get in touch with you to see what can be done. Will you please contact me ?
            My email is [email protected] Also want to check up how you are doing. she is unable to take ppis and we are struggling with her diet and supplements. Please reply.

Thanks Mita

Comment

Originally posted by Mita View Post
              Hi Elena,

My 13 year old has LPR and I wanted to get in touch with you to see what can be done. Will you please contact me ?
              My email is [email protected] Also want to check up how you are doing. she is unable to take ppis and we are struggling with her diet and supplements. Please reply.

Thanks Mita
              Hello Mita, very sorry to know a young person is suffering from this horrible anatomical illness. Forgive me for not responding by email. I will respond here on this forum. I can not tell you what to do. I am not a doctor. I have no medical background. I have no science back ground. My getting better on D3 and sunshine may be coincidental but I believe personally that D3 and sunshine had everything to do with my recovery. Based on my limited knowledge and research it is my understanding that most of the people on the planet in modern times have low D levels. We are not exposed to the sun like we were through evolution. We wear clothes. The parts of our body that create the most D pre-hormone on the skin are covered, our mother's were low D when they carried most of us in modern times, much of the world's population lives at higher latitudes and that higher latitude does not permit enough D pre-hormone to be created on the skin, as we age D production is substantially reduced; the darker our skin the less D we make on our skin, being heavy reduces circulating D in the body...these are the general variables that affect each person's D scores. Add to that, our "normal range" of D levels in lab tests are set too low...but that is merely my opinion based on the body of research I've done for 5 years. Through evolution I suspect our levels of D were in the range of 40-60 ng/ml (US D scoring system). I've read of life guards who when randomly tested for D levels as high as 80-100 ng/ml. It indicates where our evolutionary levels must have been before we all came inside. Or at least that is my conclusion based on my personal research.

I am doing very well 5 years after starting on D3 and direct sunshine on my whole torso. It took time for LPR to disappear about two years and residual for 3 years as I learned and increased my dosing. I had two additional illnesses also that disappeared within 24 hours of getting on D3: leaking bladder and locked up shoulder blades. That was really a shock and happy surprise to me. Not being a doctor I thought the leaking bladder and locked up shoulder blades were separate issues. I had no idea they had the same root cause. To this day I remain surprised by how things unfolded once I started on D3 and careful sunning without burning. It was slower recovery with the LPR but slowly and steadily I got better. I took D3 based on weight: 1,000 D3 for every 25 pounds of weight. I don't take calcium! But I make sure I get enough magnesium as magneisum is a important co-factor of D. I keep my B12 score hovering at 800-900 score.

What I did at first was stop hoping that my many teams of doctors and surgeons could help me. I began to research my illness and study every part of it thinking critically what was the anatomical issues that I needed to figure out and understand about my illness. I studied the parts of the esphogus. I learned that the esphogus has sphincters (small muscles) and that the esophageal tube is made of cells that are similar to cartilage/bone. I drew nexus from one understanding to the next. I put it together like a puzzle. Though I was in so much pain I pushed myself to concentrate and went down every avenue of study I could find trying to figure out this severe case of LPR. In the end I came back to the fact that I must have a muscle atrophy problem with the Upper Esophageal Sphincter (UES). My doctors were both impatient, angry and had done all they were going to do for me. They left me to die from this severe case of LPR. A slow death from not being able to swallow due to a ulcerated throat from the burns of hydrochloric acid on the thin one layer skin of the throat. I realized that the acid was slowly burning through onto the nerves that ran up into my head and down into my body and would eventually burn through into the blood supply where I would eventually bleed out. I then began to direct my doctors and requested to have a D and B12 lab test waiting for me at the lab the next morning. I didn't bother to explain why. I was beyond hoping they could help me. I suspected there was something wrong as I got 100x worse after a nissan fundoplicaiton surgery. The surgery itself "appeared" to fix the problem. I went from a PH score of 40 to a PH score of .4. And there in lies the mystery that haunted me day and night-all the nightmarish months...why did I get worse with LPR after surgery? I studied knowing that I only had so much time to figure this out.

One day I entered into the web a query, "what strengthens muscles?" It was that simple. The nexus appeared before my eyes and I knew instantly that was the answer. The article that caught my eye read something like "Athletes use Vitamin D to strengthen muscles..." Vitamin D is not a vitamin it is a pre-hormone made by the sun on our skin and it is necessary need of the body." I researched everything on D and sunshine...tried to figure out how to treat myself...worked through so many articles before I decided how I would treat myself. The rest is history and wonderful ending for me. I got better.

It is worth noting that I did not take D3 without really understanding how to treat myself. I did not take it indiscriminately. I researched. I built my knowledge base and I studied evolutionary nutrition. I was very lucky I thought independently and studied on my own. In this particular case all my teams of doctors were dead wrong on the treatment plan they did to me for 2 1/2 years. I suffered so much. Severe LPR is like being a severe burn patient but only it's on the inside where no one can see it. The pain is indescribably and I withstood the agony of that pain for 2 1/2 years without pain medications. In addition, when my doctors saw that medications weren't working they began to think and say that some research says it's "stress related". Imagine being sent to behavioral science to "explore if I was stressed" over anything....all I could say over and over was that I was not stressed...that my throat was searing and burning beyond my ability to cope. I wouldn't wish this illness on anybody. It is horrible. I never thought I would come out of it alive. I thought I would waste away in horrible pain. So, for as long as my recovery lasts I am relishing a normal life once again. I'm so happy I researched and thought for myself. I'm one lucky person to have figured out what would work for me.

I am sorry I can not give you any direct advice but I hope what I did for myself will help you in some way. If you are interested, here is the D scientists web site:
              www.grassrootshealth.net You can do your research. Please let us know if any of it has helped. I'd be interested to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Elena View Post
                Hello Mita, very sorry to know a young person is suffering from this horrible anatomical illness. Forgive me for not responding by email. I will respond here on this forum. I can not tell you what to do. I am not a doctor. I have no medical background. I have no science back ground. My getting better on D3 and sunshine may be coincidental but I believe personally that D3 and sunshine had everything to do with my recovery. Based on my limited knowledge and research it is my understanding that most of the people on the planet in modern times have low D levels. We are not exposed to the sun like we were through evolution. We wear clothes. The parts of our body that create the most D pre-hormone on the skin are covered, our mother's were low D when they carried most of us in modern times, much of the world's population lives at higher latitudes and that higher latitude does not permit enough D pre-hormone to be created on the skin, as we age D production is substantially reduced; the darker our skin the less D we make on our skin, being heavy reduces circulating D in the body...these are the general variables that affect each person's D scores. Add to that, our "normal range" of D levels in lab tests are set too low...but that is merely my opinion based on the body of research I've done for 5 years. Through evolution I suspect our levels of D were in the range of 40-60 ng/ml (US D scoring system). I've read of life guards who when randomly tested for D levels as high as 80-100 ng/ml. It indicates where our evolutionary levels must have been before we all came inside. Or at least that is my conclusion based on my personal research.

I am doing very well 5 years after starting on D3 and direct sunshine on my whole torso. It took time for LPR to disappear about two years and residual for 3 years as I learned and increased my dosing. I had two additional illnesses also that disappeared within 24 hours of getting on D3: leaking bladder and locked up shoulder blades. That was really a shock and happy surprise to me. Not being a doctor I thought the leaking bladder and locked up shoulder blades were separate issues. I had no idea they had the same root cause. To this day I remain surprised by how things unfolded once I started on D3 and careful sunning without burning. It was slower recovery with the LPR but slowly and steadily I got better. I took D3 based on weight: 1,000 D3 for every 25 pounds of weight. I don't take calcium! But I make sure I get enough magnesium as magneisum is a important co-factor of D. I keep my B12 score hovering at 800-900 score.

What I did at first was stop hoping that my many teams of doctors and surgeons could help me. I began to research my illness and study every part of it thinking critically what was the anatomical issues that I needed to figure out and understand about my illness. I studied the parts of the esphogus. I learned that the esphogus has sphincters (small muscles) and that the esophageal tube is made of cells that are similar to cartilage/bone. I drew nexus from one understanding to the next. I put it together like a puzzle. Though I was in so much pain I pushed myself to concentrate and went down every avenue of study I could find trying to figure out this severe case of LPR. In the end I came back to the fact that I must have a muscle atrophy problem with the Upper Esophageal Sphincter (UES). My doctors were both impatient, angry and had done all they were going to do for me. They left me to die from this severe case of LPR. A slow death from not being able to swallow due to a ulcerated throat from the burns of hydrochloric acid on the thin one layer skin of the throat. I realized that the acid was slowly burning through onto the nerves that ran up into my head and down into my body and would eventually burn through into the blood supply where I would eventually bleed out. I then began to direct my doctors and requested to have a D and B12 lab test waiting for me at the lab the next morning. I didn't bother to explain why. I was beyond hoping they could help me. I suspected there was something wrong as I got 100x worse after a nissan fundoplicaiton surgery. The surgery itself "appeared" to fix the problem. I went from a PH score of 40 to a PH score of .4. And there in lies the mystery that haunted me day and night-all the nightmarish months...why did I get worse with LPR after surgery? I studied knowing that I only had so much time to figure this out.

One day I entered into the web a query, "what strengthens muscles?" It was that simple. The nexus appeared before my eyes and I knew instantly that was the answer. The article that caught my eye read something like "Athletes use Vitamin D to strengthen muscles..." Vitamin D is not a vitamin it is a pre-hormone made by the sun on our skin and it is necessary need of the body." I researched everything on D and sunshine...tried to figure out how to treat myself...worked through so many articles before I decided how I would treat myself. The rest is history and wonderful ending for me. I got better.

It is worth noting that I did not take D3 without really understanding how to treat myself. I did not take it indiscriminately. I researched. I built my knowledge base and I studied evolutionary nutrition. I was very lucky I thought independently and studied on my own. In this particular case all my teams of doctors were dead wrong on the treatment plan they did to me for 2 1/2 years. I suffered so much. Severe LPR is like being a severe burn patient but only it's on the inside where no one can see it. The pain is indescribably and I withstood the agony of that pain for 2 1/2 years without pain medications. In addition, when my doctors saw that medications weren't working they began to think and say that some research says it's "stress related". Imagine being sent to behavioral science to "explore if I was stressed" over anything....all I could say over and over was that I was not stressed...that my throat was searing and burning beyond my ability to cope. I wouldn't wish this illness on anybody. It is horrible. I never thought I would come out of it alive. I thought I would waste away in horrible pain. So, for as long as my recovery lasts I am relishing a normal life once again. I'm so happy I researched and thought for myself. I'm one lucky person to have figured out what would work for me.

I am sorry I can not give you any direct advice but I hope what I did for myself will help you in some way. If you are interested, here is the D scientists web site:
                www.grassrootshealth.net You can do your research. Please let us know if any of it has helped. I'd be interested to know.
                Hi Elena,

Thanks for the reply, its alright to talk here.

I am happy to hear you are doing so much better! And really appaled at the fact that even after your surgery things did not get better....I always think I will put her through surgery to get this thing under control.....

Your are right, my daughter's D3 levels have fallen to 15! Early on when I realized what has happened to her, I started to do my research as well and came across the point about D3. I pushed her pediatrician to do the vitamin test on her and give me the nos. To my horror , I did realise that she is 15! and we are now giving her 2000IU D3 everyday...maybe I can increase it to 4000....she is 150 pounds now...

She is doing better than before...but we are having trouble with her diet still.....

I am also giving her DGL Licorice, and George's aloe Vera juice before every meal.

Unfortunately or fortunately, we cannot give her PPIs, she does not tolerate them at all!!!!
                Any kind of anti acid throws her into severe depression and anxeity!

So tell me a bit about your supplements and food, it will help.

Couple of questions -

(1) I Am also trying to increase her activity level. Do you do any exercises that help ?

(2) So it took 5 years for your D3 levels to come up ? Is there a faster way to do this ? Shots ?

(3) did you goto a naturopath ? Can you refer us somebody who could help ?

(4) Did you take help from a dietician ? We just need to know some dishes we can cook for her and give to her...any ideas ?

(5) What kind of magnesium are you taking ?? I have ordered some Magnesium Glycinate...will that do...what dosage did you take ?

Thanks a ton for your help!!!

Mita

Comment

My very limited knowledge and non-scientist non doctor opinion, no patient with LPR should exercise until they get better. A little walk is enough. Not too long of a walk! A patient with LPR has weak muscles...all over the body. Getting sunshine every day without burning is extremely important to slowly strengthen muscles of the body. Start of slow sunning, adding few minutes. It is the sunshine that is most important and D3. Sun at high sun hour. Study sunning and latitude and increasing D levels by sunning. But I never over due sunning! I use a timer so I don't burn. I don't use sunscreen! I just get out of the sun, under a umbrella.

I don't take calcium pills!!! I get calcium naturally: dark mild greens like lots of romaine lettuce and lots of swiss chard, yogurt, milk, raw almonds and nuts, fish, sardines, and meats of all kinds. Some of the other dark greens have too much Vitamin C for me to tolerate them, even though I have almost a 100% improvement in LPR. I still avoid citrus of all types, tomatoes/tomatoe sauces, raw garlic, raw onions. Little by little I've added back well cooked onions and well cooked garlic but I can't over due. Tomatoes and tomatoe sauce I have never been able to add back. Over time I have aimed to cut back on all carbos of all types. Not easy to do but I'm getting better at it. I just have a huge green romaine salad with different types of meats. I've noticed that I'm really benefiting from eliminating as much carbs as possible. I probably got it down to about 80% less carbs over time. I have carbs 20% of the time. Lately I aim for eating greens and little meat on top of it most of the time and save enjoying a treat when I go out. I don't have sodas, nitrates or foods that are loaded with chemicals. I eat basic foods. I stay away from as much processed foods as possible. I had a bold note put on the top of my medical record and I query my doctors when I needs medications (rarely do) that they have to check if the medication they give me causes GERD symptoms or increases acid in the stomach. I can't take aspirin. It causes more acid in the stomach to pour in. I rarely need a mild pain medicine for a headache and when I do I take acetaminophen. It doesn't cause vapor. I keep medications down to a minimum and only what I really need. I have take thyroid medication as my thyroid was removed in Feb 2012. (if one researches one will read that scientists suspect that most autoimmune illnesses are caused by low D levels for too long...thyroid illness is thought to be caused by low D levels).

It has been a process of learning for me. I get magnesium from epsom salt baths 2 times a week and my food. But I've read that some people take magnesium. Sounds like you have done your research on magnesium. If the bowel moves too much one may be getting too much magnesium. The reason I get my magnesium without a pill is that by it's nature LPR is in my humble non scientific opinion a muscle weakness/muscle atrophy illnesses. Magnesium is sooo important but I don't want to over due it by taking a pill as magnesium relaxes muscles. And with LPR one is trying to balance the increase in D3 with the important co-factor of magnesium without over doing it. That is why I focus on getting enough magnesium through the epsom salt bath (dermally) and my food sources. Read what foods have magnesium. Magnesium is a very important co-factor of D3 but I'm careful how I get it as I already have a propensity for weak muscles due to a life time of low D levels.

I do not take calcium pills! I do not want to calcify my tissues. For myself I try to get natural calcium from foods. Based on my research I feel for myself that excessive calcium is harmful especially in combination with D3.

I try to eat couple times a week little piece of liver as it has so many nutrients and I believe we had liver though evolution and our body needs it. I also eat eggs often. I believe through evolution it is packed with nutrients we need. I use real butter and coconut oil. I never use vegetable oils. I don't eat cereals. They aren't what we came up through evolution on. When I got better and was able to tolerate it well, I started omega 3's. I have severe arthritis of the knees. I'm avoiding knee replacements for the last two years but taking both krill and fish oil every day. It keeps me from bone pain without meds. A lifetime of low D produces rickets, osteomalcia, artheritis and rumathoid artheritis. So sad. For something so simple to fix earlier in life. I realize I have permanent damage to my body from a lifetime of low D but it is not too late for young people.

I can now tolerate taking B12 Methylcocobamin drops under the tongue. I leave it under my tongue for 5 minutes so it absorbs dermally under the vascular tissues of the tongue. My B12 keeps dumping to a score of 212 when I don't take B12 drops. I went into over drive trying to get that up to 800-900 score. It is so important. It works with intrinsic factor in the stomach lining to extract nutrients from our food. I may have to take it the rest of my life I think. My doctors don't even care if my B12 dumps. They could care less. They aren't trained to monitor it. I watch my B12 score as closely as I watch my D score.

Yes, I probably should have had a DO or a Functional Medical doctor. But I didn't know anything about the specialties and had never heard of them and never saw one listed in my list of doctors I can use. I just treated myself sadly and had to learn as I went along. It would have been nice to have a professional helping me. But I have done what no doctor could do for me...I got better and better over time. It was not over night but the LPR got better slowly and steadily over two years. I think I could have cut the time in half had I been on adequte amounts of D3 and sunshine...but learning came in steps for me.

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/VitaminDWiki

Comment

re-reading your questions...

No it didn't take 5 years for D levels to come up. I've continued my research on learning about evolutionary needs of the body for the last five years. I find the subject absolutely so interesting...maybe because I can't believe I got myself better and my doctors couldn't help me. I realize after so much study that almost all my illness of my life are directly linked back to low D levels and low sunshine on the skin. And I look around at my family and friends and because of all my studying just about every illness my family and friends have has it root cause in low D for a life time. Even when I sit and watch TV and see TV commercials on all the illnesses that plague human beings, I write down the illness and go to http://www.vitamindwiki.com/VitaminDWiki and generally I find every illness listed under low D levels. I find this alone fascinating reading. Now when I go in a grocery shopping I can "see" the tell tale signs of low D levels in the slow degenerative illnesses in people. It is hard to see knowing their doctors have no idea and aren't trained. But the subject of evolutionary needs has become my passion. I'm intrigued that it is not part of medical training for our doctors and not part of preventive education and medicine.

Don't rule out surgery. I don't necessary think the surgery didn't help. But I wish I had a doctor who tried D and sunshine before the surgery. It is a risky surgery but it is done often enough now and with a skilled surgeon the risk is reduced. Because of the pain I insisted on the surgery. I was so distraught being in pain for so long I was willing to take a chance and have the nissan fundoplication. It is just that in my case I got sooooo much worse after surgery! I was wracked with the big question looming over me...why why why was I worse if my PH studies showed that the the UES was strengthened and reduced the acid going up the throat. But I was so incapacitated by pain I became an invalid in bed trying to bare the horrible throat pain from acid burning through the tissues and onto the the nerves that run up into the head and down into the body. It was so severe I lost two pounds a day at one point and I literally shook from pain traveling down the top of my skin on the nerves of my arms and legs. I would assume that the nerves in the throat are somehow connected to all the nerves of the body. It was a nightmare...and to be all alone with something so severe was a place I can not adequately describe. Looking back my daughter believed without question that what I had was not caused by stress. I find that amazing. I asked my daughter after I got well, "honey why did you believe me and not think like the doctors that it was stressed induced?" My daughter replied, "Because I know you Mom, even when you were sick when I grew up you never complained. You always smiled in spite of being sick. You never called in sick. You just kept going to work and never complained. I knew that you had something severe the doctors did not know about and that it was caused by something." I'm so grateful that I had someone in my life who unconditionally knew me and that it wasn't "stress". I think for me, not being listened to by my doctors, that they looked at me as a "stress" patient causing it was such a burden to carry with all the pain I was in for too long. Not having your doctors believe you, in spite of the ENT exams caused so much unbearable pain emotionally for a patient. But I think I was so ashamed of being ill and nothing working for me I went inside myself. It left a deep hurt knowing that the people that are paid professionally to help me turned their back on me when nothing worked. That was so hard.

On the surgery my PH study improved a great deal after surgery. I went from a PH study of 40 to a PH study after surgery of .4, which indicates a great improvement in stopping the acid getting pass the Lower Esophageal Sphincter (LES). So though at the time I felt the surgery didn't work one could say it strengthened artificially my LES. But the problem with LPR (my personal opinion) is that the Upper Esophageal Sphincter (UES) has no surgery to strengthen it. I searched world wide. I couldn't find anything. It was pure serendipity and constant research that I found the nexus to D and low sunshine for strengthening muscles. And the bigger issue in all of this, is that my esophageal sphincter weakness was a major unrecognized warning sign from my body that something major was not being met in my evolutionary needs. But no doctor recognized it and I didn't know. So I was put through so many dangerous medications and surgery when I think basic evolutionary needs should have been the the first order of investigation. But doctors don't study evolutionary needs. It is not part of preventive medicine and not part of illness based medicine. There is a whole piece missing from our medical training of our doctors and how we are evaluated from utero. It is a crime of silence and incompetence. But if it is not incorporated into medical practice how can one change it? The science is on the books its clear to me as a non scientist. I ask myself all the time how can this be overlooked for so long and not be part of medicine. I have come to my own private conclusions. And it is devastating to know so many populations suffer for something so simple to fix. And the impact on personal and nations finances just makes the whole thing like out of a nightmare.

I should mention too that in my studies over the last 5 years, I began to realize that my illness presented in my esophageal muscles/sphincters in not closing properly. But I also learned that so many of my present and past illnesses of a life time and other health issues were directly linked to low D levels. I had increasingly leaking bladder about 2 years into my LPR illness but just lived with it. I didn't bother telling my doctor that I was developing other issues. They already were saying it was stress related! They got angry at me often as they were frustrated. They had done all they could for me so it was easier to label me as a "stress" case. It was like entering the twilight zone. And then I develop soon thereafter locked up shoulder blades. I just tried not to move my arms. Doing everything was difficult. But the pain in the throat overwhelmed my every waking moment. I often wished I would die in my sleep as the suffering was beyond my ability to cope. Sleeping was fitful and only 2-3 minutes at a time. The nights were so long...the days longer. I barely kept myself alive and had to force liquid food down my throat as I had terrible trouble swallowing. Think of the severest form of strep throat...or think of a steak searing on the barbecue...that is what severe LPR is like. And I endured it for 2 1/2 years. And doctors barely care to treat a LPR patient as they don't know how to manage the illness.

I also took probiotics. I co-incidentally noticed that with the high doses of probiotics my B12 went up. Upon studying why...B12 is created by bacteria in the gut that come from bacteria around roots of plans. I have read that most populations in modern times have low B12 levels. In Europe they treat if the B12 score is lower than 500. In the US your lucky if your doctor tests you. And if they do they they will tell the patient that they "fall within the normal range". In the US the lower end of normal range is 200. In Europe it's 500. So in the US we wait till its on the brink of deteriorating neurological illness. What I have read is that if B12 deficiency goes on for too long it causes permanent damage. None of my doctors ever once took a D or B12 lab test on me. To this day, if I don't request it, it is never done during my physical. If when I do get the labs on these no doctor ever tells me anything about getting my numbers up or what to do. I have to study and do it for myself. I'm so angry that this is the norm for most patients. It is so wrong. I consider it criminal but if its not part of medicine there is nothing that can be done. I think mothers are going to have to train their families and demand that doctors pay attention to these important evolutionary needs of the body. In my opinion they should be front and center in any examination for anything one goes in for.

Comment

Working...
                    X