Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom to Luke

[i]Originally posted by Milan [/i]
    [B]Yeah Tom, you are right. I don't think I am ready for all the solid food yet, but it's just hard to eat all the same soft stuff everyday, you know. Also, did you eat a lot of ice cream or your surgeon told you not to? Mine told me that I can eat it now but it may make me feel uncomfortable (cause spasms). Also, how long was it for you that you started gaining weight? I am almost 5 weeks post ops and have not gained any, and I need to. I was 185 before GERD and now I am 135LBS. I still am very week and feel tired a lot, and I really need to gain so weight and get my body on track. I try to eat a little more, but it is not nearly as much as Iused to eat before I was struck with GERD. I used to eat 7 times a day and all the meals very big, big but clean and low fat. I would burn it all off because I worked out and played soccer. Now I only eat 4-5 times a day small meals because it seems like I get ful quickly. Anyway Tom, thanks for all your advice, it's nice to know that I am not the only one experiencing all the problems, I guess that's just the way it goes. I will take it easy and not rush things, take care and keep in touch. [/B]
    Hi Luke,

brrrr!!! Cold = Constriction = Spasms, SO, No I didn't eat too many cold things!!! Most of my "Mush" was warm. Even the Ensure or Boost was room temp!!

Yep!! Early Satia "Getting Full Quickly" is a side effect of the Fundo!! It will pass in a couple of months, when your stomach expands. I got Full after a couple of bites for about a month post-op but I can eat an ENTIRE 16oz Steak and ALL the trimmings, now at 6 1/2 months!!!

Yep!! You're Normal!!

Just keep plugging away Luke!! Don't try to rush your recovery and you'll do great!!

Prayers,

Tom

Comment

To TOM

Tom,

that big steak sounds really good hehe. I tried some solid food yesterday and I was in trouble, a lot of pain and spasm, so I will stay away for little longer. I eat some more stuff now, but sometimes the food still gets stuck and it doesn't feel too good as you know. But everything goes down much better than it did in the beginning which is good. I spoke to my surgeon the other day and he said that there is probably still some swelling because I feel the pain in the wrap area and it reflects into my back. Now my major problem is spasm and still the throat, but I am hoping all this will improve soon. Anxiety also is a problem but I am working on getting it under control. Did you have a lot of anxiety with GERD, and did you take anything for it? Talk to you soon. Sorry about Wednesday, I got cought up with some stuff and by the time I got to the chat room, no one was there hehe.

Comment

don't lose faith.
        I had a lap nissen 5 months ago, and also had an easy time of it. Recovery was a piece of cake, and I was back to a full diet within 2-3 weeks.

Like you, however, I was CONVINCED I was still refluxing as my throat symptoms returned with a vengeance. It felt EXACTLY like it did pre-op. Now, understand, I never did have heartburn, as all my symptoms were in my throat. I had all the appropriate pre-op tests (manometry, 24hr pH, upper GI), which showed I was a severe refluxer.

My symptoms have SLOWWWWWWLY improved, but I still have significant difficulty in my throat (lots of mucus production with every meal, pain, and feeling of needing to clear my throat like every 30 seconds) I was so convinced that I was still having reflux that I went thru the 24hr ph study AGAIN!! (okay, yuck and double yuck).

It showed virtually NO reflux. The wrap completely worked.
        I'm told these throat symptoms have some sort of vagus nerve damage as the root cause. Not necessarily from the surgery but from the long term acid exposure etc.

Sooooooooo, my point is.......you FEEL like you are refluxing, and nobody but nobody could convince me otherwise either.......but the chances are you are NOT refluxing. The ONLY way to be 100% sure is to get the 24hr PH study done again. But my guess is you are not. For some reason, this is common post-op stuff.
        Hang in there. If I find a cure, I'll let you know.

Comment

To Greg

Thanks Greg for your response, I really appreciate it. I am trying to stay positive and I hope things will improve soon. I know it takes long time, but it is frustrating at times. My throat feel little better and I don't think I am refluxing, hoever it feels like it at times. I spoke to my surgeon and he said that I am not refluxing and that it is too early to tell anything yet. he said to relax and wait, and if I am still complaining at three months mark, he will do the barrium swollow and 24 hour ph test again. I still feel the tightness and irriatation in the throat. Also I feel burning sometimes and have a lot of mucus. I also clear my throat a lot and have similar symptoms to yours + the spasms which are very uncomfortable, it makes me think I have something wrong with my heart, even though I had it checked and it was fine. I am hanging in there and I hope it all goes away soon. Thank you again for response and I hope you continue to feel better.

Comment

Tom to Gregg

[i]Originally posted by Gregg [/i]
            [B]don't lose faith.
            I had a lap nissen 5 months ago, and also had an easy time of it. Recovery was a piece of cake, and I was back to a full diet within 2-3 weeks.

Like you, however, I was CONVINCED I was still refluxing as my throat symptoms returned with a vengeance. It felt EXACTLY like it did pre-op. Now, understand, I never did have heartburn, as all my symptoms were in my throat. I had all the appropriate pre-op tests (manometry, 24hr pH, upper GI), which showed I was a severe refluxer.

My symptoms have SLOWWWWWWLY improved, but I still have significant difficulty in my throat (lots of mucus production with every meal, pain, and feeling of needing to clear my throat like every 30 seconds) I was so convinced that I was still having reflux that I went thru the 24hr ph study AGAIN!! (okay, yuck and double yuck).

It showed virtually NO reflux. The wrap completely worked.
            I'm told these throat symptoms have some sort of vagus nerve damage as the root cause. Not necessarily from the surgery but from the long term acid exposure etc.

Sooooooooo, my point is.......you FEEL like you are refluxing, and nobody but nobody could convince me otherwise either.......but the chances are you are NOT refluxing. The ONLY way to be 100% sure is to get the 24hr PH study done again. But my guess is you are not. For some reason, this is common post-op stuff.
            Hang in there. If I find a cure, I'll let you know. [/B]
            Hey Greggers!!!

Where you been Bro??? Out Enjoying your life again!! Good to hear from ya dude!!

Hey Greg, we have the Chat Room up and running!! If you have the time, join us Wednesday Night, 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time!! Hope to see ya Wed Bud!!

Prayers,

Tom

Comment

Hi all. I had a 360 wrap Aug 2018 so am now almost 6 months down the line and doing really well. However recently I am waking up in the morning with a reflux feeling in my throat. I don

Comment

Working...
              X