back pain and abdominal pain????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back pain and abdominal pain????

Ive been having pain on upper left side of abdominal right under the rib cage and radiates to the back. Ive had 4 ct scans done on me, ultrasound, stomach x ray,blood work and upper EGD every thing came up normal except on the Egd they found a large hiatal hernia and mild gastritis could this be causing my back pain and abdominal pain?? And do any of you that have a large hiatal hernia feel sick?? another symptom that ive been feeling is itchy skin and i told my dr about it. And told me me not to worry about it that it is just my hiatal hernia giving me those symptoms. Just wondering if any of you with a large hiatal hernia and gastritis feel these symptoms??????????

I just saw this thread, and this sounds so much like the pain I've had on my left side that felt like a stabbing pain for two years. It was spastic colon, and my doctor put me on levsin three times a day and it's getting better. Good luck with this.. Suzy

Originally posted by JC713 View Post
    Ive been having pain on upper left side of abdominal right under the rib cage and radiates to the back. Ive had 4 ct scans done on me, ultrasound, stomach x ray,blood work and upper EGD every thing came up normal except on the Egd they found a large hiatal hernia and mild gastritis could this be causing my back pain and abdominal pain?? And do any of you that have a large hiatal hernia feel sick?? another symptom that ive been feeling is itchy skin and i told my dr about it. And told me me not to worry about it that it is just my hiatal hernia giving me those symptoms. Just wondering if any of you with a large hiatal hernia and gastritis feel these symptoms??????????

Comment

There seems to be lots of links between reflux, gall bladder, the digestive system in general and back ache. Since my Nissen i've had evil mid-back pain, pain under the shoulders and sharp pain in my front just under my ribs after eating or drinking alcohol. I'm seeing my surgeon again this week and have a long list of questions - mostly about back ache...

Comment

I havent had surgery because the dr was against it , but this back pain is really getting to me. How long has your back been hurting you????

Comment

had it of and on for the past 3.5 years, and surgeon, consultant and my osteopath all blamed irritation caused by reflux. now i'm not refluxing post surgery, but the pain under my shoulders and in mid-back is worse than ever. The professionals have changed their theory to nerver irritation / irritation of the diaphragm. GP thinks the gall bladder could have a role to play in it. All I know it its driving me crackers at the moment, and really wearing me down. Its not like normal back ache - i can go to the gym, lift weights or whatever, its just always there, just the same, apart from after meals when its worse...

Comment

I feel the same way right now my back pain hurts, right now i feel that my hiatal hernia is not causing this back pain ,because with this back pain im also feeling sick and have itchy skin. Ive done reasearch and people with a large hiatal hernia do not have these symptoms im having.

Comment

Have you had your gb check for gallstones??

Comment

Not yet. Had my HH repaired when I had my Nissen done. I have to push for absolutely everything from my doctors, it took me 5 years of solid badgering to get my operation done.

Comment

Sorry you're having problems. Since this forum is just for lap Nissen issues, you might want to ask about this on the Heartburn and Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease forum (if you have a diagnosis) or the General Discussion forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X