Eight years post fundo for LPR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight years post fundo for LPR

Hello all. Thought I would check in. I am currently 8 years two months post Nissen, done by Dr. Hunter in Oregon. I am still off of ppi's and eat whatever I want, although I will never do over the top spicy food again. I can't vomit - but it is very rare that I need to and take gravol along with chewable tylenol if I feel a migraine coming on.

Very important - watch the size of the pills you take post-op, as I have had a vitamin get stuck, and an aspirin get stuck - and it kills! Also watch any 'snatch and grab' lifting. Dr. Hunter did tell me that one of his patient's was a man who came in for a repeat fundo after falling off of a horse -- I no longer ride horses or ski - basically, I avoid anything that could make me fall and twist at the same time.

I hope this finds everyone else who has been post op for years, still off of meds and/or pain free.

Buffy

Hi Buffy!

Good to see you again! I am glad that you are doing well and the fundo is still doing its job. Good reminder about pills getting stuck.
    I have not had the Nissen and still have to be careful with the larger pills. Not fun at all.

Comment

Hi Buffy...Glad to see that you are doing well. I remember the problems you had a couple years ago. I'm at 11 years and still doing fine also. Hopefully your problems are behind you. ttfn (remember that)?

Comment

two years post my second fundo

Hi all, I'm just over two years past my second fundo. I think my surgeon made this one tighter since my first failed. I have to be careful, have choked several times when eating bread/rolls. Usually it's because I'm distracted and not eating/chewing slowly enough. Large pills are a major problem. I've given up on most of my larger vitamin pills. Other than that I'm doing well.

Comment

Three cheers, Buffy! Really great to know that you're still doing so well. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
          X