Any surgeons can perform a re-do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any surgeons can perform a re-do?

Hi! I had a Hill's repair in 2013 in Pacific Northwest. Recently, I am struggling with reflux and hiatal hernia symptoms again according to barium swallow xray. They just made me so sick. I tried to contact my previous surgeon but he just ignored me. I did try Swedish but the cost was too high for me as I am from Canada and had no insurance coverage in USA. I am wondering if anyone knows which surgeons can perform a re-do. Thanks in advance. - Gabe

Not sure if you are seeking another Hill, or whether you want a Nissen.

The fact that your surgeon did not respond to you is pretty lame (or perhaps he expects you to pay for an office visit?) and probably pretty revealing about what he will not do for you. I'm sorry.

Everyone always needs to talk about the "what if this doesn't work" scenario prior to surgery, to assess how interested your choice of surgeon is re: seeing you through everything. This won't help you now but I feel compelled to mention it for others who read this.

Since none of the Hill folks have responded to you (I'm a Nissen success story myself), you can search for Hill posts here. If you find someone you want to talk to, put up a post to see if they are still here. Sometimes the webmaster can put people in touch with each other also.

Also, you can search on the entire Internet, for that matter, but I'm sure you've done that. Hang in there!

Comment

Fast forward to year end, it is still a mystery whether my Hill's has failed. Endoscopy revealed that my rebuilt LES is still tight, but bravo shows that i had reflux about a year ago. Lately barium xray and ct scan shows that I have small HH. Latest ph monitoring showed that I had no reflux. A recent diagnostics laparoscopy showed that I dont have hiatal hernia. Every once in a while, i found that after i ate, sometimes i still get some reflux. What i cannot stand was symptom like shortness of breath and frequent exhaustion.....I wonder if anyone has similar experience

Comment

Fast forward to year end, it is still a mystery whether my Hill's has failed. Endoscopy revealed that my rebuilt LES is still tight, but bravo shows that i had reflux about a year ago. Lately barium xray and ct scan shows that I have small HH. Latest ph monitoring showed that I had no reflux. A recent diagnostics laparoscopy showed that I dont have hiatal hernia. Every once in a while, i found that after i ate, sometimes i still get some reflux. What i cannot stand was symptom like shortness of breath and frequent exhaustion. The frequent bloating also caused me great deal of gas pain especially I couldnt burp out.....I wonder if anyone has similar issues after the hill's repair.

Comment

How many post funds are there here and how long since you had your surgery?

Hello all, Buffy here.

I am now 11 years post fundo, done at OHSU in Portland Oregon. From time to time I have heartburn, but no lpr, thank goodness. I am chalking the heartburn up to stress or overeating for now. Thistle, I see you are still here and you had your fund years before I had mine done.

Goodluck to all!

b

Comment

No More LPR

Hi Buffy....I had mine in 2002...now 14 years. Like you, my LPR is gone. I have taken an occasional antacid, but nothing on a regular basis. I remember all your problems...Glad the fundo worked for you.

TTFN
            L

Comment

Hi Buffy and LSAT (and others),

Glad to know you two are still doing well.

I'm coming up on my fundo's 16th anniversary (in December, which will arrive before we are ready, you know?)! My surgery couldn't have been more successful. These days I rarely even think about it, but recently at a party I one-upped everyone. One of the guests was showing us the scar from her recent knee surgery (she was wearing knee-length pants), and that got everyone else bragging about their own surgical scars. When I "boasted" that I had five scars from GI surgery, they all sort of fell silent except for one person who said, "Well I hope we're not going to have to look at them!"

Comment

Thistle.....Isn't it interesting the conversations we have as we age? Surgeries, Doctors, Diseases, Medications....Glad you are doing well.....L

Comment

Working...
                X