Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy during the pandemic. This is a scary time for everybody, and I hope everyone who sees this is holding up as well as can be expected.

Unfortunately, I have started having some significant issues with my wrap over the past two weeks, and am not sure how to move forward, especially since seeking medical care is currently very difficult.

I had a hiatal hernia repair and toupet fundo done in September of 2018. Since then, I’ve experienced a fair bit of dysphagia; I had poor motility prior to the surgery, but my surgeon assured me that wouldn’t be an issue with a partial wrap. That being said, I’m used to the feeling of things slowing down or stopping in my esophagus. Worst case scenario, I have to drink something carbonated to help it dissolve, and it passes within a day or so.

However, starting two weeks ago, it feels like I don’t have a wrap at all— everything goes down with no problem. I’ve been burping quite a bit as well, which has historically been difficult. I’m waking up with a bitter taste in my throat and congestion even though I’m taking a double dose of omeprazole. Most concerning, however, is that I have a feeling of fullness right underneath my sternum whenever I eat, and it feels like someone has their fingers jammed up under my rib cage. It’s a weird, subtle pain, that radiates to my left arm. I’m trying a liquid diet for a few days now to see if that is helpful at all, because I feel really lousy every time I get anything thicker than a very runny smoothy into my stomach.

I know radiating shoulder pain can be cardiac related, but I don’t have any other cardiac symptoms, and was just recently evaluated on all that, which makes me suspect the wrap/hernia site.

Has anyone here ever dealt with a recurrent hernia/wrap migration/wrap disruption? I’m trying to get a tele-appointment with my gastro, but I don’t know when that will be possible or what they can do without imaging.

Any input would be wonderful! Stay safe and healthy!