Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HANI
    replied
    trust me never go for stretta especialy if sever GERD occur or if u have LPR
    besides its scary one.
    it did not work for me at all not even 1%..
    Stretta been made for regular heartburn which can be conntrolled by Zantac or 1 dose of PPI...-
    i knew 3 people with complete failures of Stretta but they dont post here any more.
    this all what i have.
    this our luck in life with the damnd GERD.
    hani

Leave a comment:

• HANI
    replied
    trust me never go for stretta espesialy or sever GERD if u have LPR
    besides its scary one.
    it did not work for me at all not even 1%..
    Stretta been made for regular hearburn which can be conntrolled by Zantac or i dose of PPI.
    i knew 3 people with complete failures of Stretta but they dont post here any more.
    this all what i have.

Leave a comment:

• msacswander
    replied
    Diane,

Do you have GERD or LPR, or both? You said it helped your breathing a lot - so I'm guessing LPR? What were your symptoms (and the severity) before and after the procedure?

Leave a comment:

• DianeS
    replied
    Stretta

I had it a few years back. I was good for about 18 mos, but it came back. My breathing is still dramatically improved since the procedure though.....

Good luck and have someone do it who has done a LOT of them.....

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    somewhere I've read about his 2nd stretta procedure. It was on a web page, which probably could be found with google. I'm a little surprised there would be a need for it, since many people seem to get better and stay better, while others seemed to have no improvement at all. The first group wouldn't need it, and the second probably wouldn't want it.

Nonetheless, if mine started to "wear off" I'd probably consider if for sure.

Leave a comment:

• msacswander
    replied
    Hi there,

I didn't have the Stretta but I had a consultation with Dr. Mark Noar about having one. He told me it can take months to see the improvement, but he also added that he frequently does a 2nd street on an individual around the 8-12 month mark and that usually help with the problem. Dr. Noar said he is publishing research this January - don't know where, but it may be interesting reading.

Leave a comment:

• mstomier55
    replied
    Stretta

Randy, thanks for your reply. I was told it may take several months to notice real improvement. I hope that's the case for me. I thought is was worth the chance undergoing the Stretta procedure. I've been having so many problems over the years. Hopefully I won't have to undergo a fundo procedure. Thanks again.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    I had the proceedure nearly 2 years ago (Feb 2005). My experience initially (first 2-4 weeks) was that it suppressed symptoms, however they did come back, and at times seemed worse than before. The initial benefit, I beleive is due to the swelling that takes place after the treatment.

At 4-6 months my Doc seemed concerned that I had not improved, and suggested if I didn't get better, a fundo may be the only solution. However, after a few more months I did begin to notice some improvements in my symptoms. I had also changed my diet (eliminating dairy completely, going to soy milk was the biggest change) and this seemed to coincide with the improvement, so I really couldn't say whether the treatment or diet change was responsible for my improvemnt. Over the last year and a half I've continued to improve substantially. I now seldom have sypmtoms, and usually when I do they happen after I eat something I really shouldn't. (e.g. Last week I had some really hot Caribbean Jerk chicken which did bother me for a day or so.) I have greatly broadened my diet (includes lots of things I had given up, some diet soda, ice cream, etc) and yet remained largely symptom free. At this point, I would say that I have to attribute my improvement to the proceedure, since my diet has regressed (to even allow many things I couldn't eat before the stretta.) I have stayed on pretty much the same drug regimine (2 ppi daily, though I use low cost, low dose prilosec vs. the nexium I used before and one h2 at bedtime. This seems like a lot, but I was way out of control symptom wise before all this using stronger meds and lots of antacids on just about a daily basis.) All in all, I'm glad I did the stretta, but its a controversial treatment, and on this board, its been called into question a fair amount of the time.

So, I'd say don't be discouraged, you may still get better. Many people who have had stretta benefited from it, though many others did not. This board has 2 or 3 who found it didn't help (or only helped for a year or so). So far as I know, I'm about the only one here who thought it helped, but then those who it helps seldom show up here in the first place. Everybody is different, so what happened to others may not happen that what with you.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• mstomier55
    started a topic Stretta-has anyone had this procedure

Stretta-has anyone had this procedure

I recently had the Stretta procedure(December 12, 2006). I noticed fairly quickly some improved results with my reflux. I also have very poor breathing associated with my reflux. My breathing even got slightly better. After a couple weeks I noticed worsening of symptoms. It's been more than 5 weeks since the procedure and I think I'm worse now than before. My doctor told me things could get worse for a short time and then show improvement at about 2 months. I hope he's right. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Please share your stories. Thank you.

Mark
Working...
X