Collapse
163 results in 0.0464 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Kevin
    replied to New here with a question
    If I were in your spot, I would want to get some sleep! If prilosec does it for you, you might want to consider that. Chronic sleep interruption has serious risks too--increased risk of cardiovascular disease, especially. This is not to say that ppis are risk free. But so far they have been taken by...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied to Dumping Syndrome
    I too have episodes of dumping. I avoid hypoglycemic symptoms by not taking in simple sugars at all (not an unhealthy thing to do, anyway). However, I still get the 'early' dumping symptoms on occasion (rapid pulse, palpitations, tiredness) and have to lie down. One approach is to take apple pectin...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied to Melatonin For Gerd
    This is very interesting. I too experienced relief with melatonin, which I took for about a year, two years ago. You might be able to find an old post I wrote on it. But I must add a big caveat:

Melatonin activates the immune system! I think in my case it may have greatly aggravated my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You may have a medication allergy. If the reaction is occurring to both ppi type drugs and h2 blockers, the culprit may be something else, especially a food sensitivity (soy, corn, wheat, milk, nuts, etc.)

My GERD symptoms have disappeared now that I have had my food allergies diagnosed....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I had a burning tongue and mouth for several months until I stopped eating eggs, to which I found out I'm allergic. It is possible that you have an unidentified food allergy--a delayed type, especially, can cause a burning mouth. If you are multiply sensitized, as it appears you are, then this seems...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I had food obstructions in my esophagus from ages 10 to 21 when I was dilated. Back then eosinophilic esophagitis was virtually unknown. When I was at an academic medical center recently, a researcher on the disease said that food impactions in a young man are highly suggestive of EE.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied to Fundo complications?
    Hi,

I took Domperidone for about two years. It is not approved in the US, but is available through special arrangements with the FDA and also for import from abroad. I think it is a benign medication--it's OTC in Britain. It acts on the chemoreceptor trigger zone to reduce nausea and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That's great!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Check into food allergy. It's often missed, and it is a plausible mechanism for ppi-refractory heartburn, chest pain, and spasms. Consider asthma--it involves airway 'spasm' of the bronchial tubes. Allergy in the esophagus may do the same. The research on this is still in its early stages. But why not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Best of luck with your surgery. I hope this goes well. I have to say that I am amazed that esophyx advertises the nissen as a simple rescue plan--if a 'takedown' is necessary, that sounds as bad as having a prior nissen taken down, one of the problems esophyx is supposed to avoid. Maybe it's simpler...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ditto this. Tricia is right on. Even if Esophyx works for some people, do not make yourself a guinea pig to find out. Most troubling to me has been the tendency to view this procedure as 'non-surgical.' Just because they don't make incisions does not make this a risk-free procedure. The plastic implants...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied to Head pressure
    A sensation of pressure in the chest is certainly possible with reflux (which is associated with hiatal hernias).

Allergy can cause blood flow changes via histamine release, thus possibly contributing to a feeling of pressure in the head.

Best of luck sorting this out...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied to Head pressure
    Does your face flush regularly during these episodes? Do your ears turn red?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied to Head pressure
    Have you been diagnosed with migraines?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Very interesting. If you do in fact have one or more food allergies (and you can be allergic to wheat without it being celiac, although celiac is also possible), then that may be the problem.

I am doing fairly well. I find it difficult to avoid milk entirely, but my reaction to it is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X